Mormon Channel on Samsung/LG Smart TV's?

Discussions about other Church websites
josh_day

Mormon Channel on Samsung/LG Smart TV's?

Post by josh_day »

According to https://www.lds.org/media-library/acces ... s?lang=eng

Samsung and LG Smart TV's will have the Mormon Channel.

Does anyone know when this will be?
JonesRC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Mormon Channel on Samsung/LG Smart TV's?

Post by JonesRC »

We are currently working on the Mormon Channel for Samsung connected TVs. Pending approvals we are hopeful to have it out before to long. Happy to hear their is interest.
josh_day

Post by josh_day »

I will use it.

Currently there are no religious apps available on Samsung, so for now you would have a captive religious audience.
jonathangoff

Post by jonathangoff »

I would also like to see one for Vizio TVs as well.
josh_day

Post by josh_day »

The best option for now is just to get a Roku which has BYU TV and the Mormon Channel.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

I noticed this week that my Samsung Smart TV now offers an app for BYU TV, which I installed and tested. So at least that is now an option for watching the next General Conference. Still no Mormon Channel app there yet.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

So how useful is this if we can't stream anything in our meetinghouses? Why put dev resources into doing something that is against the stated go-forward intended process of online media usage for meetinghouses?

Just trying to understand.... my little brain is having a hard time with what seems to be a dueling message.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

JohnShaw wrote:So how useful is this if we can't stream anything in our meetinghouses? Why put dev resources into doing something that is against the stated go-forward intended process of online media usage for meetinghouses?
I think the target audience for the Mormon Channel (announced for this particular medium but not yet ready), as well as BYU TV, is the universe of rank-and-file member households and even beyond, to the interested public. The church obviously has a concerted effort to broaden access to church audio-visual content in a variety of electronic media venues beyond Roku.

The Mormon Channel is basically a brand, and is being marketed as such.

This is a different objective than meetinghouse display, although the technologies may overlap. They are not mutually exclusive.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

In sampling BYU TV programming on the Samsung app this week, I have noticed a persistent problem with the video and audio being badly out of sync.

I won't have a chance to try it for General Conference this week because I will be out of town. But if the Samsung app did exhibit this problem with conference content, I would prefer not to use it because the effect is so distracting. Even if I had no other alternative than a browser on my laptop, the quality of the experience there would be better than bad sync on a large TV.
davepeterson

Post by davepeterson »

Where did you find the Samsung app? I am not able to find it in the catalog of apps on my Samsung Smart TV.

Return to “Other Websites”