Community Administrator

Re: Name format in CDOL

Post by russellhltn »

So to summarize:

Preferred name: local unit control
Church name: CHQ control
Legal name: local unit control

Odd indeed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Odd indeed.
Like everything else, I think the system was designed to handle the full legal name and then a preferred name. What apparently was not considered was that someone might have more than one preferred name under different circumstances.
paul.go

Post by paul.go »

Can anyone direct me on how to correct the 'Church Officer Name Official'? It didn't directly followed 'This is typically first name middle initial' in my case as what Ryan mentioned.
Anyone I should email or contact? Thanks
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

paul.go wrote:Can anyone direct me on how to correct the 'Church Officer Name Official'? It didn't directly followed 'This is typically first name middle initial' in my case as what Ryan mentioned.
Anyone I should email or contact? Thanks
It looks like it is that way now. It's not automatic, but there is a human step in it right now. And I double checked and you can't edit it. It would be one of the staff at CHQ that does it. If it needs correcting you can use the feedback link within CDOL.

Return to “Other Websites”