11-year-old Deacons/Beehives speaking in sacrament meeting?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
BrianEdwards

11-year-old Deacons/Beehives speaking in sacrament meeting?

Post by BrianEdwards »

HB2 still states that youth 12-18 are to be invited to speak in sacrament meeting. But the letter about the age changes indicates that "Generally, youth in a class or quorum may enjoy the privileges that are appropriate for that class or quorum" (although I'm not sure the youth agree that speaking in sacrament is a privilege :D ). Our question is if this policy also applies to speaking in sacrament meetings? We could simply wait until the youth turns 12 to invite them to speak, of course.

Perhaps this is indicated somewhere, there's a lot of moving pieces to try and keep track of!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: 11-year-old Deacons/Beehives speaking in sacrament meeting?

Post by Mikerowaved »

It's going to take some time for the HB's to catch up with all the changes. I don't see any reason why an 11yo youth participating in that class or quorum would not be eligible for speaking assignments.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: 11-year-old Deacons/Beehives speaking in sacrament meeting?

Post by russellhltn »

I don't see a definitive answer, but speaking personally, that seems to be a reasonable interpretation. If a young man can be ordained before he's 12, then it seems reasonable to say he can also speak in sacrament meeting.

In the announcement, I only see dating as still fixed on a age requirement rather than "the year".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”