New web site look and feel

The latest forum news and information
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Great feedback. I'll see what we can do to get the header/footer back on the forum without wrapping it in the main site.

Also I've noted all of the color issues with the site.

Tom
Roger-p40

New Messages

Post by Roger-p40 »

I liked the ability of the old site to click on new messages and just see them. Then I could look at the ones I wanted then mark all messages as read.

I can not find this ability on this site. Maybe I am missing something.

Roger
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Roger wrote:I liked the ability of the old site to click on new messages and just see them. Then I could look at the ones I wanted then mark all messages as read.

I can not find this ability on this site. Maybe I am missing something.

Roger
Roger, check under the Quick Links tab near the top of the page. Is that what you were referring to?

Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
srweight

Ctrl-Home

Post by srweight »

When I had "wheeled" down to the bottom of the page I was able to do Ctrl-home to go to the top of the page on the old site and then click on New Posts. Now I have to click on the page to have it do Ctrl-home and go to the top of the page.
Roger-p40

Mark Read

Post by Roger-p40 »

Yes that is what I was looking for. Just did not look in the right place.

Thanks
Roger
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

srweight wrote:When I had "wheeled" down to the bottom of the page I was able to do Ctrl-home to go to the top of the page on the old site and then click on New Posts. Now I have to click on the page to have it do Ctrl-home and go to the top of the page.
I have my threads sort from newest to oldest. That way I use the scroll wheel to go up the thread until I get to the most recent post, and now I'm already at the top and can hit "New Posts." The nice thing too is that when you click on a New Post, it will jump you to the last post in the thread you haven't read. So I get the auto-jump down, and then I just scroll up to the top until I'm done catching up and ready to move on to the next new thread.

It does take a little while to get used to it, but I love it now.
cannona-p40

Post by cannona-p40 »

I notice that the forum does not yet have an audio captcha. I think that comes in the next version. Any idea when we might be seeing that feature?

Thanks.

Aaron
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

cannona wrote:I notice that the forum does not yet have an audio captcha. I think that comes in the next version. Any idea when we might be seeing that feature?

Thanks.

Aaron
I'm acquainted with text captcha, including incorrectly guessing whether that straight vertical line is a numeral one, a lowercase el, or an uppercase eye. :-( What form would audio captha take, and how would it work? If it involves having to hook up a microphone to the sound card and then figure out how to get the browser to upload audio data from it, I would guess I'm NOT going to like it.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

rmrichesjr wrote:I'm acquainted with text captcha, including incorrectly guessing whether that straight vertical line is a numeral one, a lowercase el, or an uppercase eye. :-( What form would audio captha take, and how would it work? If it involves having to hook up a microphone to the sound card and then figure out how to get the browser to upload audio data from it, I would guess I'm NOT going to like it.
Let not your heart be troubled. ;) Any form of Audio CAPTCHA would be to supplement the current text version, not replace it, for the benefit of the visually impaired. Currently, they must use email or some other means to verify they are human to gain access.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmrichesjr wrote:What form would audio captha take, and how would it work? If it involves having to hook up a microphone to the sound card and then figure out how to get the browser to upload audio data from it, I would guess I'm NOT going to like it.
Other way around - you have to type what you hear. It's to allow the blind or visually impaired to sign up.

Return to “Announcements & Policies”