Data analysis using GIS

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
bigth83

Data analysis using GIS

Post by bigth83 »

I have been looking all over the LDSJOBS website and this LDSTECH website for quite sometime and have seen nothing about mapping or GIS.

I would love to work for the church. I love analyzing data using GIS applications like ArcMap. I feel that the church's data should be analyzed using GIS applications and methods. I know this would greatly help the work of the Lord progress.

Any suggestion? Please respond to this thread. Please see my LDSTECH profile and send me an email.

Thank you so much for the help!!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bigth83 wrote:I have been looking all over the LDSJOBS website and this LDSTECH website for quite sometime and have seen nothing about mapping or GIS.
I feel that the church's data should be analyzed using GIS applications and methods. I know this would greatly help the work of the Lord progress.

There have been many, many discussions on this forum that have related to GIS. The Church uses GIS technology extensively in creating maps and tracking boundaries of all sorts of entities in the Church. Here are a few threads to get you started:
As you read the threads, you will see that our resident GIS expert is the user RossEvans; he has great ideas and has personally used GIS tools extensively in his callings.

bigth83 wrote:I would love to work for the church. I love analyzing data using GIS applications like ArcMap.
You posted this in the Technical Recruiting section of the forum, which is appropriate for your employment-related question. A quick search on ldsjobs.com showed several openings related to GIS with some companies, but I didn't see any job openings with the Church in this particular area.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

It would be great to have boundary map according with travel intead of geographic limits.
Travel limits depend primarly on road type: speed limit, distance, eccetera.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).

Return to “Technical Recruiting”