API for access to member information

This forum will hold posts about new technologies and how they could be or are being used to benefit the Church.
davidnhutch

API for access to member information

Postby davidnhutch » Sun May 06, 2018 4:26 pm

I don't suppose the church has any kind of API for getting member information?

As a new EQ Presidency, we're making the ministering companionship lists now. Since we live in silicon valley and many of us work in tech/software, inevitably we began to wonder if it was possible to continually update our google spreadsheet rather than have it go stale every couple of months. I know the church has a LOT of tools and list-creation in the Android app and more resources on the website etc. So I'm aware of what is out there already but still my question remains.

By API I mean access to member names, addresses, phone numbers and perhaps birthdays, not more.

Certainly with great power comes great responsibility -- I'm guessing probably the answer is no...

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: API for access to member information

Postby russellhltn » Sun May 06, 2018 5:27 pm

davidnhutch wrote:Certainly with great power comes great responsibility -- I'm guessing probably the answer is no...

You guessed correctly.

The trend seems to be to lock down personal information in order to comply with privacy laws and minimize the risk of a data breach.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Emerging Technologies”