LDS maps not working?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
lcinva

LDS maps not working?

Post by lcinva »

I have logged in on lds.org and tried to access LDS maps...as soon as it loads there is a exception error. Has anyone else had this problem as of late? I wanted to look at our current ward boundaries, but it doesn't appear to work for any purpose (meetinghouse locator, etc.). Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lcinva wrote:I have logged in on lds.org and tried to access LDS maps...as soon as it loads there is a exception error. Has anyone else had this problem as of late? I wanted to look at our current ward boundaries, but it doesn't appear to work for any purpose (meetinghouse locator, etc.). Thanks!
It works fine for me. I can see my ward boundaries, and my ward directory, and the markers for each household. I'm using Firefox 5.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It is working fine for me using IE8.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jwtaber

Post by jwtaber »

Recently the Grandview (Washington) Ward picked up territory from the Prosser Ward, and was moved to the Prosser meetinghouse. It also changed names to the Rattlesnake Mountain Ward and moved from the Yakima stake to the Kennewick stake. But if you look in LDS Maps (or the PDF maps on CDOL) the stake boundary layer has Rattlesnake Mountain Ward still in the Yakima stake. (CDOL itself, and LUWS, correctly place it in Kennewick stake.) Anyone have any idea what's up here?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jwtaber wrote:Recently the Grandview (Washington) Ward picked up territory from the Prosser Ward, and was moved to the Prosser meetinghouse. It also changed names to the Rattlesnake Mountain Ward and moved from the Yakima stake to the Kennewick stake. But if you look in LDS Maps (or the PDF maps on CDOL) the stake boundary layer has Rattlesnake Mountain Ward still in the Yakima stake. (CDOL itself, and LUWS, correctly place it in Kennewick stake.) Anyone have any idea what's up here?
That looks to me like they just missed moving the stake boundaries. I would send feedback (via LDS Maps) and they should be able to get it corrected.
jbuhl68

Post by jbuhl68 »

I am a new clerk. I opened our ward's map but can't see the boundaries. How do I do this?
danpass

Post by danpass »

jerry1429 wrote:I am a new clerk. I opened our ward's map but can't see the boundaries. How do I do this?
Move your mouse pointer near the bottom center of your map. You should see some controls come into view. Mouse over the controls and click on the one that says "show/hide map legend". When the legend appears, you'll see options to toggle display of a variety markers, including various types of boundaries.

Return to “Main Church Website”