Main LDS.org Site Headers

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Main LDS.org Site Headers

Post by lajackson »

Is it just me, or has the main site gone bonkers?

The menu items normally at the top and bottom of the page are laid out in a column in text format on a white background. The Menu and Tools buttons don't do anything.

If I sign in, the site returns to normal and everything seems to work.

I would send something through the Feedback link, but I can't find it.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:Is it just me, or has the main site gone bonkers?

The menu items normally at the top and bottom of the page are laid out in a column in text format on a white background. The Menu and Tools buttons don't do anything.

If I sign in, the site returns to normal and everything seems to work.

I would send something through the Feedback link, but I can't find it.

Looks normal to me on IE8 and FF 3.6.13, both signed in and signed out. It sounds like the CSS and javascript files aren't loading for some reason. I don't know why that would be.

Here's the feedback link if you still need it: https://www.allegiancetech.com/Customer ... a:Homepage
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

eblood66 wrote:It sounds like the CSS and javascript files aren't loading for some reason. I don't know why that would be.

Normally a refresh would fix that, though? I am using FF 3.6.13 and have not had any problem until this evening, other than that the site normally is very slow both in loading and in responding to mouse clicks.

Thanks for the feedback link.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:Normally a refresh would fix that, though?

It would normally. I have had somewhat similar things happen with other sites. Generally it's been when either the server is overloaded and only responding sporadically or there is a network problem somewhere between me and the site. But usually when that happens the site won't load at all at least part of the time.

If you have the Firebug add-in installed you might want to activate it and look at the Net tab. When you reload the page it will show if any of the secondary files are getting errors when retrieved from the server.

Return to “Main Church Website”