Menu Changes LDS.ORG

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
rqualtro

Menu Changes LDS.ORG

Post by rqualtro »

Has anyone else lost their menu items after login to LDS.ORG?

I cannot access any of the regular actions LCR, CDOL, Donations...everything has disappeared.

Any ideas how to restore.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Menu Changes LDS.ORG

Post by russellhltn »

It's been moved to the icon that's a 3x3 set of squares.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

and I believe you'll need to be signed in first in order to see that 3x3 grid icon.
klricks

Post by klricks »

Note that the 3x3 grid only shows on a phone/tablet and does not appear when accessed by laptop / desktop computer.
For full desktop display click on My Account and Ward.
Assistant Ward Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

klricks wrote:Note that the 3x3 grid only shows on a phone/tablet and does not appear when accessed by laptop / desktop computer.
It's not device dependent. It seems more like which server in the server farm you happened to be assigned to the time. Many of us see that 3x3 grid on desktop machines. Just switching to a different browser on the same device can give you a different result.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
klricks

Post by klricks »

russellhltn wrote:
klricks wrote:Note that the 3x3 grid only shows on a phone/tablet and does not appear when accessed by laptop / desktop computer.
It's not device dependent. It seems more like which server in the server farm you happened to be assigned to the time. Many of us see that 3x3 grid on desktop machines. Just switching to a different browser on the same device can give you a different result.
Got the 3x3 grid on the clerks office computer today (Firefox), but still not at home (Firefox and Edge). I do get the new menu with icons however........
Assistant Ward Clerk
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've not seen the new icon menu, but recently, a great deal of the time when I visit the home page, I don't get anything that allows me to log in. The My Account And Ward menu is completely missing and there is no way to sign in. I have to put in the URL to go to LCR and then it takes me to the login prompt.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mevans wrote:I've not seen the new icon menu, but recently, a great deal of the time when I visit the home page, I don't get anything that allows me to log in.
There is a header configuration that only displays the language setting link. On the menu bar that includes Scriptures and Study, Families and Individuals, ..., to Serve and Teach has on the far right side three icons; magnifying glass, 9 squares grid or 3x3 grid of squares, and head and shoulders. The head and shoulders icon contains the My Account links and the sign-on link.

Do you see that header configuration?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

jdlessley wrote:There is a header configuration that only displays the language setting link. On the menu bar that includes Scriptures and Study, Families and Individuals, ..., to Serve and Teach has on the far right side three icons; magnifying glass, 9 squares grid or 3x3 grid of squares, and head and shoulders. The head and shoulders icon contains the My Account links and the sign-on link. Do you see that header configuration?
Thank you for the extra description. Now I found it.
russellhltn wrote:It's not device dependent. It seems more like which server in the server farm you happened to be assigned to the time. Many of us see that 3x3 grid on desktop machines. Just switching to a different browser on the same device can give you a different result.
That seems to be true. I just tried the church website on 4 different web browsers on the same computer and I have 3 different menu experiences with that area of the page.

I never even found the new all-icon menu with the person icon until jdlessley mentioned how it works above. Honestly, I experience loading problems on the church website with such frequency that my assumption was that the page just wasn't loading properly, not that they had changed the design. The new icons weren't obvious to me.

Over the years, the church does seem to like to play with menus a lot and I wonder why so much effort is placed on navigation changes. I log into the church site almost every day of the year and it is disorienting when they change the navigation. If they're doing analytics of user experiences, I don't know how they would figure out that I gave up trying to figure out how to log in and typed in the URL to LCR so I'd get a login prompt.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

mevans wrote:I log into the church site almost every day of the year and it is disorienting when they change the navigation. If they're doing analytics of user experiences, I don't know how they would figure out that I gave up trying to figure out how to log in and typed in the URL to LCR so I'd get a login prompt.
Same here, and as a quality engineer, I am fairly used to changing things to make improvements. But, being customer-friendly would require some advance notice to tell folks that the menus have changed rather than make them struggle to find what they are looking for. I feel like a blind person who finds that every time they leave their home someone goes in and rearranges the furniture without telling them.

Instead of the random popup asking me if I'm a member of the church (I'm already logged in with my member account, after all), perhaps a popup could appear with a screen shot of what the menus look like this time.

While the new capability is a great benefit and is quite useful, the church web site has become more and more difficult over the years for me to find Information I'm seeking. Quite frustrating.

Return to “Main Church Website”