My Account and Ward menu split

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
drepouille

My Account and Ward menu split

Post by drepouille »

It looks like the "My Account and Ward" menu has been split. LCR no longer appears on that menu. Rather, you must open the Tools and Support menu by clicking on the 3x3 box grid icon.

A bit confusing.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Re: My Account and Ward menu split

Post by davesudweeks »

I noticed that for the first time today as well. Very confusing. I opened and closed the browser several times trying to figure out what happened before I stumbled on the change. I do find myself wondering why the programmers keep futzing with a simple interface that worked. Not everyone is 16 and likes to play "where's Waldo" every time they are trying to go to LCR. It wouldn't be so bad if the programmers communicated these changes in advance or if the popup when hovering over an icon was logical for the rest of us mere mortals.

I guess I shouldn't complain about LCR, FamilySearch is much worse in my opinion.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The FamilySearch Family Tree interface seems to change every week or two, based upon a roll of the dice.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

drepouille wrote:The FamilySearch Family Tree interface seems to change every week or two, based upon a roll of the dice.
And (in my experience), not for the better. My wife who is almost a professional genealogist (a few more classes) complains about it to me constantly. I left feedback... a lot of good that did.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:The FamilySearch Family Tree interface seems to change every week or two, based upon a roll of the dice.
Particularly when you consider their biggest demographic is probably people who don't handle change real well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”