Frustrating new website--poor User Interface.

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Frustrating new website--poor User Interface.

Post by jdlessley »

It sounds to me like the web page is not completely loading because I get a menu bar. Albeit the menu bar has been reduced to three items that expand as drop-downs to reveal some of the older menu items. Leader and Clerk Resources is still in the same place it has been in the past - in the My Account and Ward drop-down menu list. Online donations is also found in the My Account and Ward drop-down menu.

I suspect the 404 server error supports my assertion that the page is not fully loading and will lead to the issues you may be experiencing. If this is only occurring on Sunday during the peak load times for the church servers then try again at a later time or wait until a weekday to see most of the issues, if not all, are resolved.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Re: Frustrating new website--poor User Interface.

Post by mevans »

jdlessley wrote:It sounds to me like the web page is not completely loading...
jdlessley is probably correct about the problem you experienced; however, I've seen several times where the church tries out different menu designs and layouts. It's one of those tests where some people may get redirected to a different version of the website so they can evaluate how it works. So there is the possibility the church was briefly testing out a different picture-style menu. Such things can reduce translation costs. Considering the number of languages the church runs on its website, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried such options.

Return to “Main Church Website”