Status Page for Church Tools ?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
davidbowmanbyu

Status Page for Church Tools ?

Post by davidbowmanbyu »

I noticed this morning during our bishopric meeting the lds.org/maps was announcing that there was an error and the "server" was having issues.
Also when attempting to sync LDS Tools it was also giving an LDS.org is currently down for maintenance. Please Try Again Later error.

Is their an "up-down" type page for church online services? Lots of software providers we work with at my job have these types of pages.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Status Page for Church Tools ?

Post by russellhltn »

davidbowmanbyu wrote:Is their an "up-down" type page for church online services?
No, there isn't. There's a page that kicks in if the server is too slow to respond, but that's it.

Odds are it's not really down, but overloaded. There's no way to estimate when the overload would end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sweenig

Re: Status Page for Church Tools ?

Post by sweenig »

I recommend statuspage.io. They'll let you setup whatever services you want to monitor and host a standard page on the resulting status of each service/component. Discovered this week that thousands of companies actually use it.

Return to “Main Church Website”