Navigation not visible in IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
s.sunke

Navigation not visible in IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome

Post by s.sunke »

Hi all
In all of my browsers the top-right navigation items (country/language) plus LDS account login are not displayed. Clearing cache does NOT help.
Edge and Chrome screenshots are attached incl. HTML source from chrome.
Brgds
Simon
Attachments
2018-10-30 11_25_31-The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Chrome.png
(1.34 MiB) Not downloaded yet
2018-10-30 11_25_04-Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzten Tage ‎- Microsoft Edge.png
(1.48 MiB) Not downloaded yet
2018-10-30 11_21_52-Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzten Tage - Firefox.png
(1.46 MiB) Not downloaded yet
HTMLSource-Chrome.zip
(5.14 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Biggles

Re: Navigation not visible in IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome

Post by Biggles »

email@natealexander.name

Post by email@natealexander.name »

Same problem. Can't see any menus. No donations, no LCR, no directory no nothing. I am using firefox browser on linux. Logging in from Texas.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I just checked and I am not having any issues with Firefox 63.0 (64-bit) or with Chrome 70.0.3538.77 (64-bit) on Windows 10.
Try doing a force refresh with the key combination Ctrl+F5 on Firefox or Chrome for Windows. If that doesn't work then manually clear the cache. There appears to be a new CSS for the home page and old cache does not work for the new CSS page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
s.sunke

Post by s.sunke »

Thanks!
Problem self-resetted on Firefox and Edge. Ctrl+F5 helped on Chrome. IE11 still not working - but at least for myself not in use anymore ;-)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Having the same problem with a clerk machine. No navigation in Edge or IE. Works fine in Chrome. Tried Ctrl-F5 as well as clearing all data - no luck.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I had to clear all my lds.org cookies to make it work for my Chrome. Maybe you need to do that for Edge and IE as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:Maybe you need to do that for Edge and IE as well.
I tried that. No go.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rickk

Post by rickk »

Was there a resolution to this issue? I am still seeing it on our stake computer using MS Edge. From what I am reading in the several threads, there hasn't been a definitive fix - only a few suggestions to try clearing cache or cookies that may or may not work, so I am hoping perhaps I missed something?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rickk wrote:Was there a resolution to this issue?
It seems to have fixed itself on Edge on my home machine. But IE has gone even stranger.

I may have to swing by the ward that had the machine that was affected and see what that's like.

Return to “Main Church Website”