back button

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
cindyjim

back button

Post by cindyjim »

When reading conference talks from my windows 10 pc, I like to follow the links to the referenced scriptures, and etc. How do I return to the talk? The only option I see is x-Close out of page and start again at lds.org home page and log in again and again and again...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: back button

Post by lajackson »

When you click on a footnote number, you are actually taken to the end of the talk. It is very inconvenient, but you can scroll back up from the footnotes until you find the place in the talk where that footnote is located.

Better than pressing the X-Close button, if you press the Back button on your browser, you will be taken back to the page where you selected the talk. At least that way, you don't have to sign in again.

But try just scrolling back up from the footnotes. If you keep in mind the footnote number, you will find your place in the talk more quickly.
danpass

Re: back button

Post by danpass »

If you open the link to a referenced scripture in a new browser tab. When you are ready to return, just close the new tab and you will still be in the same place in the original tab. A quick way to open a link in a new tab is to click with your mouse scroll wheel on the link.

Return to “Main Church Website”