Deep link anchors

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
GrasseDD

Deep link anchors

Post by GrasseDD »

I probably sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I'm noticing that Church online manuals have been stripped of the anchor tags that were once coded into their pages.

Not long ago, a lot of the online content included little codes in the html that allowed linking to specific sections/pages/paragraphs of the page. I've used those anchors in my communication and teaching. I don't see them anymore. And, as assurance that I'm not going crazy, there are online manuals that still include these (now superfluous) anchors in their linked references.
(Let me acknowledge that the online scriptures still carry these anchors, which allow linking to specific verses.)

I'm curious if anyone knows about this, what's happening and why?

Thanks,
D.G.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Deep link anchors

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have an example of a manual with the missing IDs?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
GrasseDD

Re: Deep link anchors

Post by GrasseDD »

Hi, Br. B--
I notice more as I look, but one I use quite often training S&I teachers is the Gospel Teaching and Learning handbook. It used to have anchor tags attached to each paragraph, p1, p2, etc.
I've also found vestigial deep links (in other Church pages) to missing anchors. Example from the Online Teacher Training, this link: https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-teach ... para=p9#p9.

Return to “Main Church Website”