Reminder for Temple Recommend Expiration

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
pawkits

Reminder for Temple Recommend Expiration

Post by pawkits »

Our bishop announced that there was a spot on the church web site were we could sign up for a reminder for when our temple recommend expires. I looked tonight and I can't find anywhere that allows us to get this reminder. Can anyone tell me where to go to set this up?
eblood66

Re: Reminder for Temple Recommend Expiration

Post by eblood66 »

I'm not aware of any reminder available on the website. However, the newest version of the Android LDS Tools does provide a setting to give a reminder. It's under Settings from the menu. I don't know if the IOS version has the same feature yet.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

eblood66 wrote:I'm not aware of any reminder available on the website. However, the newest version of the Android LDS Tools does provide a setting to give a reminder. It's under Settings from the menu. I don't know if the IOS version has the same feature yet.
The IOS version of LDS Tools, did for a short while, have the option to set a date reminder. However, at the moment, that option appears to have been withdrawn.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

eblood66 wrote:I'm not aware of any reminder available on the website. However, the newest version of the Android LDS Tools does provide a setting to give a reminder.
The Android reminder works well. Since the timing was right, I set mine for 8 weeks and the reminder popped up right on schedule. I then selected remind me again, and another reminder popped up 4 weeks later.

I will probably forget that I set it, and be pleasantly surprised in two years. But I keep a reminder in my real calendar, just in case.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I will probably forget that I set it, and be pleasantly surprised in two years. But I keep a reminder in my real calendar, just in case.
It would be my luck that the flag got reset on a upgrade or uninstall/reinstall.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:It would be my luck that the flag got reset on a upgrade or uninstall/reinstall.
Hence my real calendar entry. I've see how things go with the various apps around here and, to be fair, elsewhere, as well. [smile]
orbied

Post by orbied »

Your exec sect has and account to get this info for you
he has a responsibility to let each expiring recommend holder know when their recommend expires. and then makes an appointment with their bishopric for the local interview. The stake exec sect keeps the wards interviews needed and applied for with a member of the stake presidency usually once an month or when the member of the presidency is coming to the local ward
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

orbied wrote:he has a responsibility to let each expiring recommend holder know when their recommend expires.
You have a wonderful executive secretary and his bishop may have given him that assignment. I have never lived where the executive secretary had that responsibility.

A member is responsible to make sure that he or she has a current temple recommend. No one else is responsible to see that it gets renewed.

It is nice when there are reminders. The executive secretary will set up interviews as needed. And you have an excellent system set up to do it. Leaders should concern themselves when a member does not renew a recommend, and I believe there is nothing wrong with asking a member if they wish to do so. It is easy to forget since renewal only comes around every two years.

But keeping a current temple recommend is the responsibility of the member.
lenorefkimball

Post by lenorefkimball »

Get Templr recommend
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lenorefkimball wrote:Get Templr recommend
See bishop.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”