Streaming General Conference

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
kpraeger

Streaming General Conference

Post by kpraeger »

Is it now possible to watch General Conference or BYU Channel live on Youtube? This page has a link to General Confernece Youtube Channel, and I also read another article that YouTube is starting to support Live Streaming so I was curious if that was the case. I just got a new Sony Blu-Ray Player (which includes an app for YouTube) so was wondering if we could watch it live that way.

https://www.lds.org/church/events/watch ... conference

I would appreciate any ideas anyone has. Thank you.
russelljd

Re: Streaming General Conference

Post by russelljd »

General Conference will be streamed live on the LDS General Conference YouTube channel which can be found at https://www.youtube.com/user/LDSGeneralConference
kpraeger

Post by kpraeger »

Great. This is good news. I tested other live streams with my Google Chromecast and it seems to work fine, however I don't think live streams work on my Sony Blu-Ray player. Does anyone have any advice on how to get this to work...or if it can?
erindyal

Post by erindyal »

I'm having the same problem as kpraeger. I can live stream conference from Youtube on my computer, my laptop, and my phone and tablet (from the youtube app) but I cannot get it to stream live on my Sony TV (granted it's 10 years old but it has an hdmi port) through my Sony BluRay. I keep getting an error saying that the video is not available on my device. Even when I try to get it to stream from my phone (using the cast icon), it apparently tries to launch the Youtube app on blue-ray and I get the same error.

Any other ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Check the manufacturer's website for any updates to the BluRay player.

Failing that, you may have to attach something else to play the stream.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeremydmorris

Post by jeremydmorris »

I just wanted to update this thread. This happens to me every year. We have a new TV and the YouTube app on that TV will not allow us to watch conference. We can chrome cast it from my phone for one session but then subsequent sessions error out. Has anyone else had this issue?
robinconover

Post by robinconover »

In attempting to chromecast I get this message "The manifest could not be loaded (SOURCE_COULD_NOT_LOAD_MANIFEST}"
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I used to turn on the satellite system and walk away for the day.

Streaming from the Church website with a laptop, I now have to stick around to reload the web page every 45 minutes. The members are reluctant to get up and play with an unfamiliar machine that does not belong to one of them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:06 pm Streaming from the Church website with a laptop, I now have to stick around to reload the web page every 45 minutes.
Is the laptop shutting down or the site? Are you using the church website or YouTube.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote: Is the laptop shutting down or the site? Are you using the church website or YouTube.
Church website. The feed goes dim and into the three block buffer and never recovers.

I reload the page, click the arrow again, and everything is fine, except for the seconds of the webcast that we missed. I usually do not adjust back unless the speaker was at a critical part of his talk. If I do adjust back, I click Live when the choir next sings.

Return to “Main Church Website”