lds.org videos not playing on Samsung Galaxy

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
band225

lds.org videos not playing on Samsung Galaxy

Post by band225 »

I bought a Samsung Galaxy tablet. I can't get videos on lds.org to play. Does anyone know why?
shawnsalisbury

Post by shawnsalisbury »

I'm also having the same problem. Smart people will have to clue me in but I think it might be b/c the mp4 files are in html5. I have no idea how to resolve.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Admin note: Thread moved to a more appropriate section.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
band225

Post by band225 »

What does that mean: "Thread moved to a more appropriate section"? This statement is no help at all.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It was originally posted to the Mobile Applications area, but if I understand correctly, it's not a apps issue but rather a browser/lds.org compatiblity issue. So I moved it to this (lds.org) section in hopes it would attract the right attention.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
band225

Post by band225 »

I am not sure where to go to find out if anyone has replyed. Can you shair where I need to go to find the post?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This thread has all the replies to date. One person has confirmed the finding, but so far no one has offered any kind of fix or work around.

PylesKA

Could we get more details?

Post by PylesKA »

We have logged the issue of video not playing well on Android. However, we could use some more details if you have them. What devices are not working? Which player are you using that is not working? For example we are switching a lot of videos over to YouTube in particular the Bible Videos and Home Page Carousel. Are the YouTube videos playing for you? What browser are you using?

Let us know so we can get this fixed properly. I am testing with a Galaxy Nexus on Chrome, which works sometimes. The Kindle Fire appears to work really well.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pyleska wrote:...we are switching a lot of videos over to YouTube in particular the Bible Videos and Home Page Carousel.
Given the fact that anyone using a meetinghouse Internet connection cannot play videos from YouTube, I find it difficult to be thrilled with this news. Will there be alternate ways to play these videos?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Main Church Website”