Navigation

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
gshosford

Navigation

Post by gshosford »

For those that are occasional users, such as me, this forum is very difficult to use. After I saw that there were no posts regarding my issue, it took me a long time to navigate the maze to this location so I could submit my question. Is there a way to put some sort of link in the Forums page for "Submit new issue."?
klricks

Re: Navigation

Post by klricks »

gshosford wrote:For those that are occasional users, such as me, this forum is very difficult to use. After I saw that there were no posts regarding my issue, it took me a long time to navigate the maze to this location so I could submit my question. Is there a way to put some sort of link in the Forums page for "Submit new issue."?
This forum uses 3rd party software. I visit several other sites that use the same phpBB software. Other than enabling or disabling certain features and creating various sub forums, the admins of the forums have little control over how the forum operates.

Regarding [New Topic] button you must first choose a sub forum from the Board Index link. The top and bottom of each sub forum has a [New Topic] button.
It would not make any sense to have a new topic link available before a sub forum is selected.
Assistant Ward Clerk
gshosford

Post by gshosford »

Thank you.

The challenge is to determine, then find, the pertinent sub forum.

The wording I choose may not have any resemblance to the wording for the sub forum pertaining to the item.

I guess I have been spoiled by an excellent on line catalog at www.mcmaster.com. Although it often has very many choices, usually I can find what I want very quickly.

Thank you again for taking time to respond.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

gshosford wrote:The challenge is to determine, then find, the pertinent sub forum.
It does take a while to work out the structure of the Forum. But to help, there is a link near the top at the very left called Board Index.

You could go there and find the most likely topic. The topics can all be selected as links that usually will take you to the best place to post.
gshosford

Post by gshosford »

Thank you that is very helpful for future matters.

Return to “Help with this forum”