New user thresholds to be able to reply to PMs etc.?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
lukeh

New user thresholds to be able to reply to PMs etc.?

Post by lukeh »

I'm a new user on this forum, and can't seem to reply to PMs -- I get the message "We are sorry, but you are not authorized to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature."

It seems strange that new users can immediately post publicly but can't immediately respond to private messages. Does anyone know where the post count thresholds are listed for interaction features to be enabled on one's account?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New user thresholds to be able to reply to PMs etc.?

Post by russellhltn »

lukeh wrote:It seems strange that new users can immediately post publicly
Not quite. "New Members" have to have their posts approved before it becomes public.
lukeh wrote:but can't immediately respond to private messages.
We're aware of that quirk, but haven't found any settings in phpBB that would allow a reply or sending a message just to Moderators/Admins. We don't want to allow unrestrained PMs for all new users as it would allow "stealth spamming" via the PM system.

I'll remind the person who PMed you that you can't reply to PMs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: New user thresholds to be able to reply to PMs etc.?

Post by Mikerowaved »

You can now reply to PM's. Your latest post is visible to the moderators and is being considered. Thanks for your patience.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Help with this forum”