Home Teaching option

Any discussions around the LDS Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
stevenseow
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:04 am

Home Teaching option

Postby stevenseow » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Why is it that I am not able to see my Home Teaching assignments using my LDS tools? I have updated my app to the latest version and also done my sync to ensure that everything is latest.

I don't see the "Home Teaching" tab that I see some other members has when they access their personal information using LDS Tools. There are other quorum members that are like me, who don't see that option, whereas others have it.

Anything that we are missing? Or any setting that needs to be done?

Steven

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 24422
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Home Teaching option

Postby russellhltn » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:29 am

Only the members of the ward council can see it. Another post explained the reason. The current system show the assignments, but lacks any way to change - approve - and then announce in accordance with the Handbook. In the current system, everybody sees any change immediately.

We have no idea when that might change. It depends on priorities set by the brethren.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

jonathandkeller
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Home Teaching option

Postby jonathandkeller » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 pm

Any word on when all ward members could see who they are home taught by and who they home teach on lds tools - a lot of people want that feature- jon k

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 24422
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Home Teaching option

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:25 am

The church rarely announces a time line until the feature is implemented or imminent. This is no exception.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

davesudweeks
Senior Member
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Home Teaching option

Postby davesudweeks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:36 am

jonathandkeller wrote:Any word on when all ward members could see who they are home taught by and who they home teach on lds tools - a lot of people want that feature- jon k


If "a lot of people want that feature" I would expect "a lot of people" would be providing that request via feedback in the app (or via lds.org). That feedback is reviewed. Posts here on this user-to-user help forum are seldom, if ever, seen by those who set the priorities for the programmers. I suggest you provide feedback in the app and advise anyone who mentions it to do the same. Lots of feedback means lots of interest. Posts in the Tech forum mean nothing.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 24422
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Home Teaching option

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:05 pm

davesudweeks wrote:If "a lot of people want that feature" I would expect "a lot of people" would be providing that request via feedback in the app (or via lds.org). That feedback is reviewed. Posts here on this user-to-user help forum are seldom, if ever, seen by those who set the priorities for the programmers. I suggest you provide feedback in the app and advise anyone who mentions it to do the same. Lots of feedback means lots of interest. Posts in the Tech forum mean nothing.

Just remember, the church is not a democracy. It's the leadership that prioritizes the development. I'm sure they have their reasons for the priorities they've set. So while it wouldn't hurt to make the desires known via feedback, I wouldn't expect it to have that much of an effect. I'm pretty sure they're keenly aware of the interest.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

davesudweeks
Senior Member
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Home Teaching option

Postby davesudweeks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:32 pm

russellhltn wrote:Just remember, the church is not a democracy. It's the leadership that prioritizes the development. I'm sure they have their reasons for the priorities they've set. So while it wouldn't hurt to make the desires known via feedback, I wouldn't expect it to have that much of an effect. I'm pretty sure they're keenly aware of the interest.


You are absolutely correct that it is not a democracy and I was not implying that it was. I was simply stating that posts on this forum will not get to decision makers, while feedback from within the app will. That is the only way individuals can show interest in a feature, though such interest will not necessarily make a feature available. The Brethren will make whatever decisions the Lord directs in line with the level of technology.

User avatar
mfmohlma
Senior Member
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:45 pm
Location: Hillsboro, OR

Re: Home Teaching option

Postby mfmohlma » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Just got an update to version 3.4 and this is included! Thumbs up!

User avatar
mfmohlma
Senior Member
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:45 pm
Location: Hillsboro, OR

Re: Home Teaching option

Postby mfmohlma » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:15 pm

mfmohlma wrote:Just got an update to version 3.4 and this is included! Thumbs up!

I should mention I'm still on beta, so this is coming soon. ☺️


Return to “LDS Tools”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest