Daisy formatted material for low vision

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
rwells1938

Daisy formatted material for low vision

Post by rwells1938 »

I am trying to load the scriptues and other books to the NLS BARD Mobile reader without success.

Can anyone help me with suggestions?

Here are the instructions. I can get the books loaded to Dropbox but after that the instructions don't seem to work. I have sent an email to them but no response.

8.6.2: Loading Books via Dropbox

Put each zip file that you want to import into a Dropbox folder.
Open Dropbox on your device and find the same folder.
Double-tap the zip file you want to import.
Locate the Export button in the lower right corner of the screen. While Dropbox is downloading the file you selected to your device, this button will be dimmed, meaning it is unavailable. Depending on the size of the file and the speed of your Internet connection, it may be dimmed for several minutes. If so, you can check progress using the progress indicator near the bottom middle of the screen.
Double-tap the Export button when it is no longer dimmed.
Double-tap the Open in BARD Mobile button. The location of this button will depend on how many apps you have installed that can accept zip files from Dropbox.
BARD Mobile will open and will extract the zip file. When the extraction is done, you may hear the same doorbell sound you hear when a download is complete. The reading screen for the book may be open; if it is not, double-tap the Bookshelf tab in the lower left corner of the screen and find your book or magazine in the usual way. If you were on the Bookshelf tab when you began the process, you may need to switch to a different tab and then back for the new book to be shown.

Thanks
Roger
rwells1938

Re: Daisy formatted material for low vision

Post by rwells1938 »

Found out they no longer support this

Return to “Other Member Technologies”