Sony EVI-D70 Camera Control

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
roblad

Re: Sony EVI-D70 Camera Control

Post by roblad »

We use RS422 control that is carried by shielded CAT-6 cables. One cable runs to each of three Sony D70 cameras. All 8 wires in the CAT-6 cable plus the shield are used to make up the 9 pin control connections between the three cameras. The camera control cables and a RS422 to USB adapter are series connected via four shielded RJ45 connectors. We use "PTZ-Control" software on a PC with a simple game joy stick controller to run the cameras. Each camera has about six presets that we use. This has worked great for us for several conferences.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

roblad wrote:We use "PTZ-Control" software on a PC with a simple game joy stick controller to run the cameras.
With the joy stick, how are your pan & tilt fine adjustments when zoomed in, such as when a taller speaker takes the stand?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

The control of the camera with the gamepad is much better than it was with the IR remote.
I wish there was a way to slow down the max speed for the gamepad controls more. Not sure if its the software, or my gamepad, but if I try to "creep" the pan on the camera, sometimes it "sticks" and keeps moving. There is a max speed adjustment, but I it seems to be just for using the mouse to control the software as it doesn't seem to make a difference in how fast the camera moves when using the gamepad.
As such, I usually use the buttons in the software for fine control.

Aaron Z
trcardon

Post by trcardon »

kentjorgensen wrote:I purchased a "3 Axis keyboard control for PTZ camera Sony VISCA" but have not been able to get it to work. I connected the 2 connectors on the RS485 B-, A+ connector to the Sony VISCA RS-422 connectors 3 and 4 as shown in the instruction manual. However the joystick does not control the camera at all.

The manual is very cryptic to say the least. It gives almost NO instructions. It is more a poorly translated technical specification sheet, from the Chinese language, than a user's manual.

Are there better instructions somewhere? I am not familiar with RS-422 or how to debug the problem.
Were you able to get this to work? I have a similar controller but I can't seem to get the controller to work with the camera
poetchaser

Post by poetchaser »

I am using the evi-d70 connected to the S video connection. Can someone tell me how to set the presets using the remote I purchased, I can seem to find step by step functions to set them. Also, the commander software, is there a version that works with the s video?
sabre1982

Re: Servo Joystick controller for $350

Post by sabre1982 »

Good morning,

It's an old post but can you share a link to the same controller you tested and point me to the right one? I can't find it on the specific text or I see 10 different controllers.

With kind regards,

michaelfish wrote:Instead of forking out $1,800 for a Vaddio or $1,300 for a Precision Joystick Servo controller, check out the 3 Axis keyboard control for PTZ cameras. This device has all of the precision of the Vaddio and Sony controller for only $350 and fully supports Sony EVI-D70 PTZ control as well as other brands. You can find them on eBay. Although it does not have picture controls (iris, gain, AWB, red, blue, detail, etc.), it DOES have the same precision joystick servo control found on the Vaddio or Sony as well as multiple-camera support and camera presets. It supports both RS-232 and RS-422 VISCA protocol communication using the easy to connect Phoenix connector.

It is made in China but I've tested this out and it is a great value. It sure beats I/R or computer control.

Search eBay for "3 Axis keyboard control for PTZ camera Sony VISCA"

Supports SONY BRC-H700/Z700 BRC-300/300P EVI-D100/D100P/S EVI-D70/D70P/W EVI-D30/D30P SNC-RZ30N/RZ30P EVI-HD1 EVI-HD3V SONY EVI-HD7V HD BRC-Z330 DXC-390/390P DXC-990/990P Polycom MPTZ-6、MPTZ-9 CISCO Camera 720P/1080P Panasonic AW-HE50S/H,AW-HE100;AW-PH300-650 Protocols: VISCA、POLYCOM、CISCO、CANON、Panasonic、PELCOD、PELCO-P

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”