Audio Isses with 1 Receiving Site not others

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
johnshaw

Audio Isses with 1 Receiving Site not others

Post by johnshaw »

Yesterday was the first and only time I had a receiving site failure where I would not attribute it to an issue on the receiving side.

1. Receiving site technician is experienced with webcating
2. NO Audio came through, Streamed from Youtube just fine, streamed from lds.org just fine, no audio on stake confernce webcast (other 2 sites were fine)
3. Using a MAC, switched to an Android device, we drove a PC over there, no luck, no audio
4. Same laptop brought back to the stake center - started it up using the same feed (the 3rd building link) and failed to have audio
5. Started Working at the Stake Center after exit/launch/exit/launch a couple of times.

We were completely baffled by the issue - Is it possible that in balancing across streaming servers there was an Azure server with an issue streaming the audil?

-John
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Audio Isses with 1 Receiving Site not others

Post by rannthal »

John,

Sorry for the late reply. We have been hearing about strange issues like this sporadically. Unfortunately we haven't been able to recreate it here. Have you been able to find any more information on the issue? Is there any more information that you could share? You are welcome to send me a private email if you'd like to discuss this.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”