VidiU front panel display dead

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: VidiU front panel display dead

Post by lajackson »

ramdocruz wrote:I was able to identify the device IP address by connecting it directly to my pc but I can add it to the app even with both devices connected to the same network. Any ideas?
I think you meant you can't add it. Your PC assigned the IP address you saw. When you start the VidiU on the meetinghouse network, the firewall assigned the IP address from its range of available IPs.

I am sure there are tools that would show you what devices are connected to the meetinghouse network, and you might find it that way. But if the front panel is not working, you really ought to work with your FM group to see about a replacement. It might even still be under warranty.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

lajackson wrote:I am sure there are tools that would show you what devices are connected to the meetinghouse network...
One of the better ones is "Fing" (free version). Available for Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android devices.
lajackson wrote:But if the front panel is not working, you really ought to work with your FM group to see about a replacement.
Strongly agree.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

I was the OP and in a later post, mentioned that the display on our unit began functioning again. In the end, the display died again. Our FM group got us a new VidiU and took the malfunctioning one.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”