Conference Webcast Report

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Conference Webcast Report

Post by rannthal »

craiggsmith wrote:The weak link then seems to be the fact that we are pre-selecting a specific server instead of using a load balancer or something similar as is the norm.
Interesting that you mentioned this. The system is in fact changing to utilize the cloud and VMs more. This however does not solve licensing, which is required in order to broadcast.......which unfortunately is causing us grief.....even now.

I apologize for those stakes that were effected this past weekend. We are currently working on solving this issue right now.....even as I type this.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

rannthal wrote:I apologize for those stakes that were effected this past weekend. We are currently working on solving this issue right now.....even as I type this.
As most (all) of us can't to much else to help you, I'm praying for you and your colleagues. I invite others to do the same.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

rannthal wrote:... The system is in fact changing to utilize the cloud and VMs more. This however does not solve licensing, which is required in order to broadcast.......which unfortunately is causing us grief.....even now.

I apologize for those stakes that were effected this past weekend. We are currently working on solving this issue right now.....even as I type this.
Thanks for all your work, sounds like a difficult issue to solve.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can find more info in this post.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks!
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”