EVI-D80 Camera Controller

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
Aczlan

Re: EVI-D80 Camera Controller

Post by Aczlan »

jmjoness wrote:Since my last post I have continued to make improvements to the software and we used it at our Stake Conference. It worked adequately, but I didn't like the effort needed to control the PTZ and rates at the same time. Therefore, I added joystick/gamepad integration and I really like it now. It's still free, and I have added a website with a little information and a download link.

http://www.rnl3c.com/ptzc shows the software and link and I will continue updating with operating instructions.
Thanks for the software, I have been playing with it with our EVI-D70 and a Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick ($2 at the thrift store).
Would there be a possibility to remap the joystick buttons? My joystick has a "throttle" on it and I was thinking that it would be interesting to use that for zoom.

Thanks

Aaron Z
jmjoness

Post by jmjoness »

Yes, I could do that.
If your joystick twists, that is already set for zoom.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

jmjoness wrote:Yes, I could do that.
If your joystick twists, that is already set for zoom.
I tried that, it does not twist.
Thinking more about it, I might just pickup a gamepad (Looks like a PS2ish clone is under $20 on Amazon) as I can see having some issues with bumping the zoom accidentally.
If anyone is looking for a cheap way to get a DIN connector that will plug into the camera, look for a cable for the old Kensington trackballs.
I have a serial to Kensington cable and am making it into a RS322 adapter by cutting it in half and putting a CAT5 jack on each end (pinouts and wire colors to follow).

Aaron Z
jmjoness

Post by jmjoness »

A gamepad works on a PC is what you want. Mine is USB connected and has a X/D switch. I think I set it D (DirectInput).
peterson.josh

Post by peterson.josh »

jmjoness wrote:Since my last post I have continued to make improvements to the software and we used it at our Stake Conference. It worked adequately, but I didn't like the effort needed to control the PTZ and rates at the same time. Therefore, I added joystick/gamepad integration and I really like it now. It's still free, and I have added a website with a little information and a download link.

http://www.rnl3c.com/ptzc shows the software and link and I will continue updating with operating instructions.
Any chance you could update the commands to include those for the BRC-300?
Josh Peterson
Stake Technology Clerk - Hunter Central Stake
jmjoness

Post by jmjoness »

I just checked the codes for the BRC-300 camera control. The program should be compatible with that camera. There may be some features on the BRC-300 that the program doesn't access, but most features are accessed. If you find out that there are some problems we should be able to update the software if needed. You can contact me directly at visca@rnl3c.com
peterson.josh

Post by peterson.josh »

I sent you an email. Thanks!
Josh Peterson
Stake Technology Clerk - Hunter Central Stake
jmjoness

Post by jmjoness »

I have just updated my camera controller software to make it compatible with the Sony BRC-300. It has now been tested on the EVI-D30, EVI-D70, EVI-D80, EVI-D90, EVI-D100, and BRC-300. If you want to look at it or download and use it go to http://www.rnl3c.com/ptzc . Comments or questions are always accepted at visca@rnl3c.com
mwjohnson

Post by mwjohnson »

This software works with great accuracy and simplified all our attempts to control the camera and provide a professional looking broadcast for our stake (Lethbridge Alberta East Stake Canada). We very much appreciate this information being posted. Thanks for all your work and efforts to help us non-techy people seem a little smarter!

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”