VidiU Supported Firmware Version

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When I login to portal.ldswebcast.org, the following message appears: "TERADEK VIDIU FIRMWARE CAUTION. Teradek released VidiU firmware V 2.1 on March 18, 2015. This release is NOT SUPPORTED currently by the Webcast Servers. Please check the Webcast > VidiU Setup Guide at MHTech.lds.org for supported releases. The most current supported firmware is V 2.0.2"

I checked the Help Center article "VidiU Initial Setup Guide", Last Updated: 15 April 2015 at 13:55 here: https://www.lds.org/help/support/vidiu-setup-guide
It says the following:

Version 1.3.1, 2.0.1, 2.1.0 are the supported firmware versions. If something other than these is installed, you will need to manually install the latest supported firmware version following the steps below.

Manually Install a Supported Firmware Version

Access the VidiU Controls via the Web Interface (See Option 1 under Controlling your VidiU).
Download Firmware version 2.1.0 and save it to your computer.
Click the Settings button at top right, then select "System", "Firmware Upgrade".
Click the "Browse" button to select the file saved to the computer, then click "Upgrade".
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: VidiU Supported Firmware Version

Post by russellhltn »

Not exactly consistent, is it? I can understand one saying 2.1 isn't the supported and the other says it is, but one says 2.0.2 is supported and other doesn't list that version.

I'd send feedback.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”