list current temple rec. holders on tithing settlement

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ferris37-p40

list current temple rec. holders on tithing settlement

Post by ferris37-p40 »

I had a suggestion for MLS (unless someone knows of a way to do it):

The tithing settlement page shows an asterisk next to each member who is a MP holder. However, as a bishop, what I would really have liked to see would be a mark for each member who is a current temple recommend holder. That way I could easily detect problems when one of those isn't a full tithe payer.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Can a custom report be created to print a list of any people in that problematic situation? There may be privacy issues that would prevent anyone other than the bishop from creating, saving, and running the report.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't see the ability to use Tithing as a selection criteria or reporting field in Custom Reports.
SmithGW

Temple Recommend Holders on Tithing Settlement

Post by SmithGW »

Who does or does not hold a temple recommend is very sensitive information that is used only by the bishopric. It probably will not ever appear on a report such as you suggest.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's quite easy to create a report of members with Temple recommend (just use a date that expires later then today). The problem is getting access to declared tithing status.
ferris37-p40

Post by ferris37-p40 »

smithgw wrote:Who does or does not hold a temple recommend is very sensitive information that is used only by the bishopric. It probably will not ever appear on a report such as you suggest.

I thought such a report would be problematic because of privacy issues. I was actually hoping for something much simpler: in the (blank) tithing settlement printout (and/or on the tithing settlement screen) instead of putting an asterisk next to each MP holder, put an asterisk (or another char) next to each current temple recommend holder. That way, when I enter the tithing status for that member, I'll know if they have a temple recommend or not. What I've had to do this year is print out a list of current temple recommend holders and compare that by hand against the tithing settlement report.
gkluther

I would like to second the idea.

Post by gkluther »

ferris37 wrote:I had a suggestion for MLS (unless someone knows of a way to do it):

The tithing settlement page shows an asterisk next to each member who is a MP holder. However, as a bishop, what I would really have liked to see would be a mark for each member who is a current temple recommend holder. That way I could easily detect problems when one of those isn't a full tithe payer.
This would be most helpful. I have had a couple of situations that this would have been useful. Thks
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

"Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end." - Jerry Seinfeld
n4yrd-p40

Post by n4yrd-p40 »

smithgw wrote:Who does or does not hold a temple recommend is very sensitive information that is used only by the bishopric. It probably will not ever appear on a report such as you suggest.

What was beign requested was having a mark on the Tithing Settlement report which is also private information and should only be used by the Bishopric (and clerks) as well. Since the audience of both reports is the same, could combining the data on the Tithing Settlement (not the IRS statements) be a problem...especially if it is coded such as the asterisk?

Of course, the clerk should be able to get the bishop a list of recommend holders that would just be a separate list to check during the meetings; however, that list would be more of a privacy risk if someone were to see it as the bishop referenced it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”