Meeting Time changes aren't propogating

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:As of this morning, the meeting times for all the wards in my stake are finally correct. :)
Same here - or at least the times have propagated there. However, I have one ward that appears to have entered their time incorrectly. :(
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:As of this morning, the meeting times for all the wards in my stake are finally correct. :)
Same here. I'm now only waiting for updates to the LUWS. Some of the ward's sites are correct and some are not.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:Same here. I'm now only waiting for updates to the LUWS. Some of the ward's sites are correct and some are not.
I was announcing that my meeting times were correct on LUWS (see the post title). So I guess it's not "Same here."

But hopefully the widespread reports of LUWS meeting times updating are an indication that the process is well underway.

One caution -- is there any chance those wards updated their meeting times while on MLS 3.1.2? That might be the reason some wards' LUWS are not updating, as indicated in this post.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Alan_Brown wrote:One caution -- is there any chance those wards updated their meeting times while on MLS 3.1.2? That might be the reason some wards' LUWS are not updating, as indicated in this post.
Good point. Those that have sent me unit numbers to review look like they are all correct in LUWS now. I'm wondering if they missed the cutoff of the data push for Friday and now were there for Saturday. I'll be doing some more research tomorrow on that and post the results.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Good news. Three that were correct in CDOL are now correct in LUWS (except for one bad input by a unit).

More good news. One that was not correct in CDOL is now correct in both CDOL and LUWS. They must have been late submitters.

Other news. I still have one that is wrong in CDOL and LUWS. I suspect it is probably still wrong in MLS. I will check there first.

Bad news. One that was correct in CDOL is still not correct in LUWS. Perhaps some are still in progress. Will check again tomorrow.

So we only have one unit left may still be in process. We hope.

Thank you for keeping us informed.
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

ryan jones wrote:Good point. Those that have sent me unit numbers to review look like they are all correct in LUWS now. I'm wondering if they missed the cutoff of the data push for Friday and now were there for Saturday. I'll be doing some more research tomorrow on that and post the results.
Thanks for your help with this. My LUWS now has the correct time.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

So far from what I am seeing from the units that people have sent me is that there is an extra day of lag. So the changes from MLS make it into CDOL and then about 2 days later are in LUWS. I'm still trying to track down the complete process to see where the delays are coming from.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ryan jones wrote:So far from what I am seeing from the units that people have sent me is that there is an extra day of lag. So the changes from MLS make it into CDOL and then about 2 days later are in LUWS. I'm still trying to track down the complete process to see where the delays are coming from.
The LUWS refreshes its data from CDOL at 1:00 am. I'm guessing (still asking around) that the refresh from CDOL hasn't completed by that time so LUWS gets its 'updated' data from a day old copy. That would be why it takes the second day to get to LUWS :(
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:Will check again tomorrow.
So we only have one unit left may still be in process. We hope.
No sooner said than done. By morning this one was updated in LUWS.

We now have two left to fix that I can confirm are entirely our problem. CDOL and LUWS both say exactly what is in MLS. Fancy that!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ryan jones wrote:The LUWS refreshes its data from CDOL at 1:00 am. I'm guessing (still asking around) that the refresh from CDOL hasn't completed by that time so LUWS gets its 'updated' data from a day old copy. That would be why it takes the second day to get to LUWS :(
I updated our times again on Sunday. It showed up in CDOL within 15 minutes. Just this morning it showed up in LUWS, consistent with the 2 day lag others have seen.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”