Meeting Time changes aren't propogating

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:Bingo! You win the prize. You have correctly identified which of our units were able to successfully update their times and which units were not. I would never have thought of the version number as the discriminator.

I do not second the motion for an MLS message, however, because conscientious clerks will try to change the meeting time once again without waiting for an MLS message.
I was thinking of a MLS message asking clerks to check CDOL or LUWS for the correct time and explaining how to correct the problem.

But just now I was wondering if the MLS developers can trigger MLS to just resend all the meeting times. That way we will have the current times from all units without causing much heartache. I will have to ask them on Monday.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:I do not second the motion for an MLS message, however, because conscientious clerks will try to change the meeting time once again without waiting for an MLS message.
I like to think I'm conscientious but since the meeting times change pushed through last year without a problem (as least for me) I assumed it would this year too. I didn't think I needed to check on it until I saw the first message in this thread.

However, if the MLS developers can force an update to be sent from all units that would certainly be better.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From the wish-list department: I'd like to see things modified so there's an a better indication on LUWS of if the times have been updated or not. It would also be nice to see the new times in December. So maybe something like:

First meeting: 9:00AM
Sacrament Meeting: 9:00AM

Effective Jan 1, 2010 the new meeting times will be:
First meeting: 1:00PM
Sacrament Meeting: 1:00PM
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ryan jones wrote:I was thinking of a MLS message asking clerks to check CDOL or LUWS for the correct time and explaining how to correct the problem.
They would need to check them both. Some of our times are right in one place but not the other.
ryan jones wrote: But just now I was wondering if the MLS developers can trigger MLS to just resend all the meeting times. That way we will have the current times from all units without causing much heartache. I will have to ask them on Monday.
If an MLS sweep is easy, go for it. And follow it up with a CDOL sweep to LUWS.

I just checked all 14 of ours.

CDOL and LUWS are correct: 8 units.

CDOL is correct. LUWS is wrong: 4 units.
I expect that LUWS will update three of these in a few days.

One of our units has had the correct time in CDOL for several months now, and LUWS has never updated. Will this one get picked up in the CDOL to LUWS push that is imminent?

In other words, are you pushing everything from CDOL to LUWS or are you just pushing the ones that just made it into CDOL.

That only leaves two units out of 14 a sweep would fix where both CDOL and LUWS are wrong, plus the lagging unit. The two units have efficient clerks and probably submitted under an older version of MLS.

It would be nice to see a message on how it is all supposed to work. I would wait until it is all working before I sent it out, though. [grin]
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:From the wish-list department: I'd like to see things modified so there's an a better indication on LUWS of if the times have been updated or not. It would also be nice to see the new times in December. So maybe something like:

First meeting: 9:00AM
Sacrament Meeting: 9:00AM

Effective Jan 1, 2010 the new meeting times will be:
First meeting: 1:00PM
Sacrament Meeting: 1:00PM

You can do that now using this technique.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

eblood66 wrote:I like to think I'm conscientious but since the meeting times change pushed through last year without a problem (as least for me) I assumed it would this year too. I didn't think I needed to check on it until I saw the first message in this thread.

However, if the MLS developers can force an update to be sent from all units that would certainly be better.
For us, things have actually worked better this year than last. So far we are 8 of 14. Last year it took four months to get past 50%.

And one of them never made it. They are one of the 8 that are correct now. (I wonder if I need to get over there and check MLS before Monday.) :eek:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ryan jones wrote:You can do that now using this technique.
Yes, but I'd like to see it be the way the system works.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:
One of our units has had the correct time in CDOL for several months now, and LUWS has never updated. Will this one get picked up in the CDOL to LUWS push that is imminent?
Let me know the unit number and I'll see if I can find out why.
lajackson wrote: In other words, are you pushing everything from CDOL to LUWS or are you just pushing the ones that just made it into CDOL.
As I understand it is always a full data push.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ryan jones wrote:We have currently processed files received through Sunday afternoon (~ 5:30 MST). So most meeting times changes will be in now.
CDOL is now all caught up processing files from MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Alan_Brown wrote:
ryan jones wrote:LUWS does get the data from CDOL. I believe it is a nightly refresh.
I just checked and my ward's meeting time is now correct in CDOL, but not yet on LUWS. Based on the nightly refresh procedure, I guess that means I can assume our LUWS will be correct by tomorrow morning.
Although my ward's time was correct in CDOL yesterday morning, it is still not correct on LUWS this morning. So the "nightly refresh" doesn't seem to have happened. The same is true for all the wards in my stake -- correct in CDOL yesterday, still not right in LUWS today.

Could it be that there was so much information updated in CDOL and then pushed to LUWS over the last couple of days that LUWS will take a little extra time to catch up?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”