Meeting Time changes aren't propogating

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

ryan jones wrote:LUWS does get the data from CDOL. I believe it is a nightly refresh.
Thanks. This explains why a few other things are not working as well. We've been waiting for several days for an update to occur in the CDOL for a stake executive secretary who wasn't being shown. He's actually been in the job for a few years and lately we've had problems between the CDOL and MLS software.

Another problem is duplicate entries for the stake president's 1st counselor in the MLS software. As well as a missing executive secretary in the CDOL. It's been a lot of fun trying to get these two to agree. :rolleyes:

The programmers are supposed to be transmitting another script down shortly to correct the duplicate MLS entry. And I'm hoping that once the CDOL is updated that exec secretary will appear. We're getting close.
rexgj

Post by rexgj »

I was wondering too, our new meeting time has not updated either.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ryan jones wrote:A problem has been found in processing the meeting time changes, so they are on hold until a patch can be deployed (currently set for Thursday).

After that, will you do a sweep through MLS to see that everything is up to speed? Or do we need to flag individual problems for you?

Less than 1/3 of our times have changed, but there is no rhyme or reason to which ones did and did not. Some early submittals changed, some did not. Some later submittals changed, some did not.

And if you would like us to do it rather than bothering you, is there a way to make a change in MLS that will force an update without actually changing the time?

An example, in other words. The time has been changed in MLS to 1:00 pm but did not propagate. Without changing the time to something that is wrong, is there a way to flag MLS to resubmit so the time might propagate?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:After that, will you do a sweep through MLS to see that everything is up to speed? Or do we need to flag individual problems for you?

Less than 1/3 of our times have changed, but there is no rhyme or reason to which ones did and did not. Some early submittals changed, some did not. Some later submittals changed, some did not.
In CDOL we are currently holding the changes from this last weekend. After the CDOL patch we will let those changes through. After the processing is caught up then you will need to flag individual problems.
lajackson wrote:And if you would like us to do it rather than bothering you, is there a way to make a change in MLS that will force an update without actually changing the time?

An example, in other words. The time has been changed in MLS to 1:00 pm but did not propagate. Without changing the time to something that is wrong, is there a way to flag MLS to resubmit so the time might propagate?
If you change the time in MLS then change it back to the correct time then do a send/receive it will send another file with the correct time in it. Again don't do this until CDOL has finished processing all the files currently being held.

I will post a reply on this thread when CDOL is caught up.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ryan jones wrote:In CDOL we are currently holding the changes from this last weekend. After the CDOL patch we will let those changes through. After the processing is caught up then you will need to flag individual problems.

If you change the time in MLS then change it back to the correct time then do a send/receive it will send another file with the correct time in it. Again don't do this until CDOL has finished processing all the files currently being held.

I will post a reply on this thread when CDOL is caught up.

FYI. The patch has been deployed and we are now processing these files.
I will post a reply when CDOL is all caught up.
ammonihah

Post by ammonihah »

I just posted this on the website to clear up any confusion until it updates:

<ul><li>Sacrament Service - 12:30 PM - 1:35 PM</li> <li>Sunday School & Primary - 1:45 PM - 2:30 PM</li><li>Priesthood / Relief Society - 2:40 PM - 3:30 PM</li><li>Young Men / Young Women - Wed Night 7:00 PM</li></ul>
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Ammonihah wrote:I just posted this on the website to clear up any confusion until it updates:

<ul><li>Sacrament Service - 12:30 PM - 1:35 PM</li> <li>Sunday School & Primary - 1:45 PM - 2:30 PM</li><li>Priesthood / Relief Society - 2:40 PM - 3:30 PM</li><li>Young Men / Young Women - Wed Night 7:00 PM</li></ul>
Unfortunately, since the members of your ward do not know who Ammonihah is, it's unlikely that posting this in the forum will accomplish your goal.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Techgy wrote:Unfortunately, since the members of your ward do not know who Ammonihah is, it's unlikely that posting this in the forum will accomplish your goal.
I would guess he posted it on his LUWS, which would let his members know the new meeting times for this year....
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

zaneclark wrote:I would guess he posted it on his LUWS, which would let his members know the new meeting times for this year....
The LUWS would be helpful, but the starting time for the block is fed from the CDOL program and it may not be updated as yet. He could use a news item to list all the times. Better still - just wait for the CDOL to finish it's updates.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:The LUWS would be helpful, but the starting time for the block is fed from the CDOL program and it may not be updated as yet. He could use a news item to list all the times. Better still - just wait for the CDOL to finish it's updates.
The most visible manifestation of the meeting times is on the LUWS home page for each ward, and that page is visible to the world (no login required). So a news item doesn't help much -- those not logged in can't see it at all, and even logged-in users are unlikely to see it.

What I'm guessing Ammonihah meant was that he went to the Administrator page for his ward LUWS, and under Maintain Home Page he selected Meeting Time. Then he put that HTML code in the Details section so that people could see the correct times on the ward home page (which would appear immediately below the official but incorrect time fed from CDOL that cannot be changed by an administrator).

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”