Get all fields for members, limited to 14 columns

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ebenvisher

Re: Get all fields for members, limited to 14 columns

Post by ebenvisher »

S.,

Thanks, I appreciate the thought. I have a few leaders who would love a several-page hardcopy report of families. The issue is formatting. Picture one long line, which wraps to an indented second line if it goes too long to fit on the paper. For a family, an example is that the line might contain these values:
Last name
Husb
Husb phone
Husb email
Wife
Wife phone
Wife email
Child 1 (age)
Child 2 (age)
Street address (no city)
Etc.

This level of formatting is something that professional report-generation tools in Oracle and elsewhere can handle. Maybe one day the Church will have such a heavy-duty reporting app. However, at present the skill required to use it is quite advanced, the demand for it is practically zero, and the Church people involved in LCR probably have *many* far more urgent things to accomplish.

—Eben Visher
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Get all fields for members, limited to 14 columns

Post by scgallafent »

EbenVisher wrote:I have a few leaders who would love a several-page hardcopy report of families. The issue is formatting. Picture one long line, which wraps to an indented second line if it goes too long to fit on the paper. For a family, an example is that the line might contain these values:
Last name
Husb
Husb phone
Husb email
Wife
Wife phone
Wife email
Child 1 (age)
Child 2 (age)
Street address (no city)
Etc.
My first question to them would be why they need this much information. Leaders with a genuine need for that much information about the entire ward already have access with Member Tools and LCR.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”