LCR Finance is not loading

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dancarter

LCR Finance is not loading

Post by dancarter »

For the second week in a row, when I attempt to connect to the Finance page in LCR, I am redirected to a message that states:
Uh oh! We're Sorry ...
It looks like something went wrong which prevented the page you requested from displaying. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused!
I have tried this on multiple browsers and networks. We have had to revert back to MLS to write checks and do expenses.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LCR Finance is not loading

Post by jdlessley »

Yes. Except that this morning we were unable to get a server connection to complete an MLS send/receive. For our full two hour block there were interruptions in server connectivity for membership services as well as financial services. As I just checked, those issues are continuing with brief periods in which I do get through to those services. However, I lose connectivity after a few minutes.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wnukem

Post by wnukem »

Confirmed with same issues in Georgia USA today. Had to call the Stake Clerk with MLS error messages as we were not able to transmit both issued check information as well a prcoessed donations. Many Sundays now I get a system is down for maintenance browser message when using Finance LCR. I am certain Sunday's are the hardest hit days for the system. I would hope that true maintenance would be done on other days and not Sundays.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The down for maintenance message many people are getting is a cryptic message that is presented for more than actual maintenance. These outages are server issues or server connectivity issues. I have seen other messages depending on the device or application being used. Today In Member Tools I have seen "Member Tools Services Unavailable" and "Directory unavailable". On LCR I have seen the absence of the header and menus as well as the "Down for Maintenance" message.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
emarkp

Post by emarkp »

This is typical of a server resource that collapses under high load. We saw this at 11AM PDT today and deferred doing any finance until this afternoon. It's not the first time it's happened, and it won't be the last.
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

I also noticed this problem for the second consecutive Sunday. Additionally, other parts of the Chuch's website and the LDS Tools app (iOS) were very slow at best and unresponsive/"unavailable" at worst today. Hopefully these problems can be fixed soon as it's quite aggravating that important functions of the Church's website and app are unavailable when we need them the most.
dwood8142

Post by dwood8142 »

I have experienced this on an almost weekly basis for the past few months and it is extremely frustrating. It would be great if we could get a response from Church tech support to at least acknowledge the ineptitude of the LCR finance section.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dwood8142 wrote:It would be great if we could get a response from Church tech support to at least acknowledge the ineptitude of the LCR finance section.
Actually, the Finance section works well when you can get to it.

A post.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dwood8142 wrote:It would be great if we could get a response from Church tech support to at least acknowledge the ineptitude of the LCR finance section.
The forum is user-to-user support and there is little chance those who are responsible will ever see the posts concerning this issue. Therefore there is little chance any official response will come through the forum. The official channel is to use the feedback link found at the bottom of the page the issue is encountered.

The Code of Conduct states users may not post "Comments or content that is rude, obscene, or hateful, or that ridicules or belittles any person, organization, or location (this includes any so-called “flaming” of other participants)." Making emotional comments about ineptitude without realizing the issues are being worked and that finding the cause has been elusive. These comments provide no constructive purpose. The Code of Conduct additionally states:"Post solution-oriented responses. (If you find a problem, take the next step and suggest a solution when you document the problem.)" as well as "Post constructive criticism by following the Golden Rule."
JD Lessley
Jimrochester

Post by Jimrochester »

Same thing happens here in ny first thing in morning all good once we hit 11:00 system starts giving us problems very frustrating

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”