Can't Access Finances Section

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
alexdromero

Can't Access Finances Section

Post by alexdromero »

Every time I try to access the Finances section of MLS, I get a warning screen that states the following:

"The MLS finance functionality is temporarily unavailable until a file is received from Church headquarters.
This event has been scheduled by Church headquarters and no action is required on the part of the unit.
You may continue to use other areas of MLS.
A file will be sent from Church headquarters that will enable all functionality once again. Please do a Send/Receive to obtain this file."

I've already done multiple Send/Receives and restarted the computer. Any advice for me?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't Access Finances Section

Post by russellhltn »

I'd wait a few hours and do another send/receive.

I think what's happening is the first send/receive sends a request. That request has to be processed by the main computer and then on a later send/receive, it's sent back to MLS and it unlocks. But it takes some time to process that request - probably longer on Sunday when everyone else is doing unit fiances.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alexdromero

Post by alexdromero »

Thanks for that advice, Russell. We've had this issue since last week and I just assumed that it would have been fixed by today so I don't know if waiting a couple of hours will resolve it. Any other thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You'll have to contact support on Monday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jaromdenny

Post by jaromdenny »

Was there any clarity on how this works and to get it sorted. It has also been over a week where we have been awaiting this file and we need to submit the tithing report to ensure people tithing is secured before the end of the tax finance year.
jonfischer

Post by jonfischer »

I'm having same problem - gives this error "The MLS finance functionality is temporarily unavailable until a file is received from Church headquarters.
This event has been scheduled by Church headquarters and no action is required on the part of the unit.
You may continue to use other areas of MLS.
A file will be sent from Church headquarters that will enable all functionality once again. Please do a Send/Receive to obtain this file."

Any known fix or should I just wait to call Church Global Services on Monday?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Do another send/receive to get that file. Note that it does take some time for the church to process the request. But looking at your posting time, I'm sure it's ready by now.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jonfischer wrote:Any known fix or should I just wait to call Church Global Services on Monday?
The file should have been set automatically, and you should be able to get it right after it is set. If you have done several Send/Receives and have not received the file, your only option is to call the Global Services Department on Monday. They will manually set the file for you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just to be clear, there's three parts to this:
  • A send/receive to send the request
  • The passing of time to allow for the request to process
  • A send/receive to receive the result
If you a send/receive every 15 minutes or so, it should pop up pretty quickly.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”