Lost My MLS Pass word

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jameskloepfer

Lost My MLS Pass word

Post by jameskloepfer »

Can anyone advise me how to retrieve my MLS pass word? Or perhaps change it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Lost My MLS Pass word

Post by russellhltn »

Someone who has admin rights to MLS will have to reset it for you. Typically the bishop an the ward clerk has admin rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
emarkp

Post by emarkp »

At least for us, it requires 2 different admins now to change a password. Good luck if you don't have 2 admins with good passwords!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

emarkp wrote:At least for us, it requires 2 different admins now to change a password. Good luck if you don't have 2 admins with good passwords!
We have had five of us change our passwords and there was no admin required. However, two of us are admins. But I doubt that has any bearing since the other three were not admins and they changed their passwords on their own with no input required from an admin.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I wonder if we are talking about 2 different things: Changing a password and resetting a password. Several in our bishopric have changed their password recently - I have done it twice. No admin required (though I am one of our 2 admins with the Bishop). We have not attempted to reset a password.
emarkp

Post by emarkp »

We had someone forget their password last week. To set a new password, it required 2 admins to consent to setting password. More of the same moronic password policy.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

davesudweeks wrote:I wonder if we are talking about 2 different things: Changing a password and resetting a password. Several in our bishopric have changed their password recently - I have done it twice. No admin required (though I am one of our 2 admins with the Bishop). We have not attempted to reset a password.
Have you done it after EFT reimbursements were enabled for your unit? I believe that once EFT is enabled you have to have two another users with finance rights enter their passwords in order to change a password of someone with finance rights. But I'm pretty sure they don't have to be admins.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:But I'm pretty sure they don't have to be admins.
I'd expect at least the one initiating the change would have to be an admin. I could see where the person agreeing to it might not have to be.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

eblood66 wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:I wonder if we are talking about 2 different things: Changing a password and resetting a password. Several in our bishopric have changed their password recently - I have done it twice. No admin required (though I am one of our 2 admins with the Bishop). We have not attempted to reset a password.
Have you done it after EFT reimbursements were enabled for your unit? I believe that once EFT is enabled you have to have two another users with finance rights enter their passwords in order to change a password of someone with finance rights. But I'm pretty sure they don't have to be admins.
Yes, the password changes began to be required in MLS when the EFT reimbursements were enabled. However, all password changes have not required any other passwords - the same as before: the person can go in and simply change their password in MLS with no additional person required. I suspect it is when a password must be reset (forgotten or expired password) that an admin (or two) has to step in. One of the counselors is on his last use before expiry and I can't seem to get him to move on changing it proactively so we will see if my hunch is true soon enough...
abrichardson

Post by abrichardson »

My ward clerk is not able to inter MLS. He gets error wrong password, after trying 2 different passwords. How can he change his password. I am the STS for our Stake. I know it's out of my scope of responsibilities. Stake clerk tried but no success.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”