Merge husband and wife tithing accounts

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
davidkehr

Merge husband and wife tithing accounts

Post by davidkehr »

I've found the merge button under ADD/UPDATE DONERS heading but when I type the names into the boxes, the names cant be found even though they are shown in the doner list......??
kd7mha

Re: Merge husband and wife tithing accounts

Post by kd7mha »

I believe the merge is for associating donations that were recorded as non-member with a member record
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

davidkehr wrote:I've found the merge button under ADD/UPDATE DONERS heading but when I type the names into the boxes, the names cant be found even though they are shown in the doner list......??
If you are trying to merge tithing records for the husband with tithing records for the wife, you can't. Tithing records are connected to a single membership record. They can each mark to show the spouse name on their own tithing record.

If some tithing was recorded to the wrong spouse, the clerk will need to correct each donation batch to match what the member recorded on the tithing slip.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

IIRC, that is also an audit check -- the name on the donation slip must match the name in the donation batch.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”