MLS 3.0 Issue: Updating CDOL

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

13thfloorrocks wrote:Right now the processing of calling information into CDOL (and therefore sending it back down to MLS) is extremely back-logged. My understanding is that once it is functioning properly, the information will be processed within a few hours. The unofficial word as of Friday afternoon is that it will take 1-2 weeks to finish processing all the information that has already been uploaded. Hopefully we will know a more solid timeline on Monday when I get back to work.
Do we know if the process to update a bishop via MLS is actually working? It has been more than 2 weeks now and CDOL has not updated. When should we follow up? Thanks.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:Do we know if the process to update a bishop via MLS is actually working? It has been more than 2 weeks now and CDOL has not updated. When should we follow up? Thanks.
I would be interested to know if it is still not showing. CDOL is currently processing files sent on Jun 28. If you don't see it let me know your unit and the date the file was sent and I can do some research.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ryan jones wrote:I would be interested to know if it is still not showing. CDOL is currently processing files sent on Jun 28. If you don't see it let me know your unit and the date the file was sent and I can do some research.

Thanks. It was sent electronically on June 24th. It had not shown up as of last night, so I sent a detailed feedback through CDOL. I will send a PM to you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

A followup.

Several weeks ago, we completed a Leader and Unit Change Request form to report a new bishop to CDOL using MLS 3.0.0 and did a Send/Receive. I went back to the saved form and retrieved the information for a CDOL feedback sent earlier this week, because the information had not updated to CDOL.

It appears now that the form was never transmitted or was not properly received at CHQ.

After a Send/Receive this evening, the new bishop information that was stored in the Stake MLS and that we thought had been transmitted to CHQ was replaced with all of the old information for the former bishop.

It appears that next Wednesday when I am back at the stake center I will get to start the process all over again. Too bad I didn't notice this earlier this evening, but I never expected that CHQ would be able to undo my information in MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:After a Send/Receive this evening, the new bishop information that was stored in the Stake MLS and that we thought had been transmitted to CHQ was replaced with all of the old information for the former bishop.
I had the exact same thing happen to me. On June 17 I filled out updated e-mail addresses for my stake presidency using the MLS 3.0 CDOL update feature. I sent the information and waited. Then on July 1, I noticed that all the updates were gone from MLS and the information was back the way it had been previously.

So I updated the information in MLS 3.0 again and transmitted it (still on July 1). On July 12, I noticed that CDOL had actually been updated, so the second run through the process did indeed work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:I had the exact same thing happen to me.
. . . so the second run through the process did indeed work.
Our original transmission was June 24. Our stake clerk made a special trip into the stake center and sent the information again Saturday evening, July 18th. I also sent a PM to Ryan with details. Based on Ryan's PM to me earlier, it appears that this bishop change was not the only thing that did not make it during the original 3.0.0 Send/Receives those first two weeks.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

CDOL Status

Post by jonesrk »

CDOL is now caught up with all the files sent in from the MLS 3.0 release. If you see any more problems please let us know.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ryan jones wrote:CDOL is now caught up with all the files sent in from the MLS 3.0 release. If you see any more problems please let us know.
The information we were looking for is there. I assume it made it on the 2nd transmission. Thank you again for your help in resolving this.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”