MLS 3.0 Issue: Updating CDOL

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

Friends, on this change and synchrony between 3.0 and CDOl MLS, this is great. I hope that works well.

Is that with these corrections, the problem of e-mail the head of the family in the MLS to spread to other contacts and not have a different email for each family member has been corrected?

Regards,
Márcio Dantas - SP, Brasil
marcio@mdantas.com.br
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mdantas wrote:Friends, on this change and synchrony between 3.0 and CDOl MLS, this is great. I hope that works well.

Is that with these corrections, the problem of e-mail the head of the family in the MLS to spread to other contacts and not have a different email for each family member has been corrected?
The topic of this thread is using MLS 3.0 to update the CDOL -- Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders. It has nothing to do with e-mail addresses in MLS. There is still just one e-mail address per household in MLS 3.0. That is really an issue of the Church's membership database more than MLS anyway.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:The topic of this thread is using MLS 3.0 to update the CDOL -- Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders. It has nothing to do with e-mail addresses in MLS.
I'm still waiting for my login to not show "reason for access". Does CDOL show emails? If so, where do they come from if not MLS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

Yes, e-mail CDOL Mosta's yes. I do not know where he takes them.

Regards,
Márcio Dantas - SP, Brasil
marcio@mdantas.com.br
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:I'm still waiting for my login to not show "reason for access".
I have no idea what you mean by this.
RussellHltn wrote:Does CDOL show emails? If so, where do they come from if not MLS?
Yes, CDOL does show e-mail addresses for some people. Certainly some if not all of them do not come from the MLS e-mail address fields. I can say that definitively because a) I have no e-mail address on CDOL, but I do have one in MLS; and b) my stake president has one in CDOL, but it doesn't match the one entered in MLS (which for his household happens to be his wife's e-mail address).

So the e-mail addresses in CDOL must come from the same place all the other information came from, which was supplied at the time of the call for leaders who have been in CDOL for a while. For the new arrivals in CDOL since MLS 3.0 started sending information, I see no e-mail addresses. I have no way of knowing if they will appear once the Church catches up with the big backlog caused by MLS 3.0 sending so much information to CDOL, or if that information is not being sent.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:I have no idea what you mean by this.
When I log into CDOL, I get a screen that says "Enter reason for needing CDOL access". Unless I misunderstood prior posts, as a STS it should let me in. So I'm waiting for whatever the issue is so it no longer asks me that question. (Because right now my reason is only to see it so I know what it looks like.) Maybe I'm not entered correctly in the stake MLS (I'll have to check), or it's just the backlog.

As for the email, hopefully we'll learn for sure where it comes from so corrections and additions can be made.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:I have no idea what you mean by this.

If you attempt to login to CDOL and have not been granted access because you do not have a calling that gives you such, the system will prompt you to fill out a form explaining why you should be given access.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:As for the email, hopefully we'll learn for sure where it comes from so corrections and additions can be made.
For the stake presidency, stake clerk, stake executive secretary, patriarch, and bishops, the new MLS 3.0 feature Leader and Unit Change Request allows you to change the contact information, including e-mail address.

At this point I'm assuming that there is no e-mail address stored in CDOL for all the other positions, but we'll see once the backlog is caught up.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote: Unless I misunderstood prior posts, as a STS it should let me in.
In the past, assistant stake clerks did not have access to CDOL. I do not know if that will change or not. For now that is probably why you are getting the message you are getting.

The stake presidency and stake clerk are able to access CDOL, along with the bishops. The stake president was able to add the stake executive secretary and, if that was done, he could then access CDOL.

In addition to assistant stake clerks, there is hope that someone in addition to the bishop (counselor or clerk?) will also be able to access CDOL under the new scheme of things. We shall see.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote:In the past, assistant stake clerks did not have access to CDOL. I do not know if that will change or not.
According to ryan jones, a Church employee and developer on CDOL, in his post in the CDOL Access for assistant stake clerksthread all the standard assistant stake clerk positions are to have access to CDOL. That is the change that is suppose to happen with MLS 3.0. But due to the backlog of the information getting from MLS to CDOL it may take some time before all units with brethren filling positions on that list will have that access.
lajackson wrote:In addition to assistant stake clerks, there is hope that someone in addition to the bishop (counselor or clerk?) will also be able to access CDOL under the new scheme of things. We shall see.
ryan jones also said:
ryan jones wrote:There are some discussions going on about who should be given access.
Meaning, to me, there may be others, such as ward clerks, who are possibly being considered for access.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”