Consolidated Wards

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
strowe

Consolidated Wards

Post by strowe »

Two wards in stake consolidated. Budget information has not consolidated. Unable to record missionary support donation today because missionary not from successor unit number. What actions do we need to take to consolidate the finances of the consolidated wards?

Sidney T Rowe
Stake finance clerk
sidneyt59@gmail.com
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Consolidated Wards

Post by russellhltn »

I'd imagine that church headquarters would need 2-3 business days after the stake has returned the paper work to indicate that the action has been officially completed.

For now, I'd record the donation to "Ward Missionary" and reclassify it when things get straightened out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

strowe wrote:Two wards in stake consolidated. Budget information has not consolidated.
Budget information doesn't automatically change for a unit. If there was money left in the discontinued unit, I'm guessing that it gets moved to the stake, but I don't know for sure
strowe wrote:Unable to record missionary support donation today because missionary not from successor unit number.
When a missionary's family moves the missionary responsibility doesn't automatically move with them. I'm guessing that something similar is happening here. The bishop or clerk of the remaining unit needs to transfer that to their ward.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jonesrk wrote:If there was money left in the discontinued unit, I'm guessing that it gets moved to the stake, but I don't know for sure.
The last time I did this, everything stays with the records of the discontinued unit, but the stake assumes responsibility for the finances of that unit. The stake should then transfer the funds to the remaining unit. We loaded the discontinued unit onto the stake computer and the stake clerks used the financial side of MLS to handle everything.
jonesrk wrote:The bishop or clerk of the remaining unit needs to transfer that to their ward.
This works the same as any other move. The remaining unit simply needs to call and have the missionary account(s) of the discontinued unit transfered to the remaining unit.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When my stake closed a ward last year, there was a mad scramble trying to locate outstanding checks and get them cashed as quickly as possible so the stake could properly close out the ward account. Surprisingly, the members who were holding those checks didn't understand why there was such a rush and a concern.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”