Cannot Transmit or Print

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
silhouettebs

Cannot Transmit or Print

Post by silhouettebs »

We have a Ward Clerk that has not been able to print anything from MLS, including checks or other financial reports. They are also not able to transmit membership or financial records. When trying to print, the screen would go black and then MLS would terminate. Today while I was troubleshooting, I uninstalled Java 8 Update 151. After that the screen no longer goes black while trying to run reports, but MLS still becomes unresponsive. Checking Task Manager, Java runs at about 52% for 15 seconds and then drops back down to 0% with no error messages and still not printing. I am guessing there was a conflict with the version of Java that was installed and the embedded version that comes with MLS, but I do not know what else to try. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot Transmit or Print

Post by russellhltn »

I'd completely remove Java, and then reinstall MLS on top of the existing install.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
silhouettebs

Post by silhouettebs »

russellhltn wrote:I'd completely remove Java, and then reinstall MLS on top of the existing install.
Thank you for the reply. Are there instructions posted somewhere about how to reinstall MLS?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
silhouettebs

Post by silhouettebs »

Thank you. Reinstalling MLS after Java was uninstalled fixed the issue.
robertscottbush

Post by robertscottbush »

We had the transmit issue. It turns out that Dell Protected Workspace is no longer supported. It has an Invincea program in it that is not compatible with Sophos Central Endpoint. If I restarted the Sophos softwareservice I could transmit until I did a reboot of the computer.I will remove Dell Protected Workspace and reinstall Sophos Central Endpoint.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”