Insufficient Privileges for MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
skelegator

Insufficient Privileges for MLS

Post by skelegator »

Hello! Im typing from Romania, we have just received a new computer with Windows 10 installed and are trying to get MLS to work on it. We have the MLS program installed, but when we open it it shows the title picture and then says our account doesnt have sufficient privileges. Its the only account on the computer, its the administrator account, were not sure how to get past this point. It doesnt appear to be referring to the MLS account, since we cant even get to the login page. Any advice is appreciated
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Insufficient Privileges for MLS

Post by russellhltn »

Something you can try: when you want to run the installer, right click on the EXE file and select "Run as administrator"
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
skelegator

Post by skelegator »

Awesome, were in. Thank you! Shouldve tried that sooner haha
lemekij

Post by lemekij »

Hello,

I am having this same issue in Australia. So will I need to uninstall MLS and reinstall?

Regards
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

lemekij wrote:I am having this same issue in Australia. So will I need to uninstall MLS and reinstall?
No need to uninstall first, just install it again using the above tip from russellhltn.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
richardjnorman

Post by richardjnorman »

I am the Stake Executive Secretary. I have entered the members of a new bishopric into the LCR. They show up on all lds.org documents; however; their financial clerk tells me the bishop and the second counselor cannot access any financial records on the MLS. I can't figure out what could be wrong.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

richardjnorman wrote:their financial clerk tells me the bishop and the second counselor cannot access any financial records on the MLS.
For financial access, in addition to updating LCR (which you have done), the ward will need to give them financial access in MLS itself. After those two things are done, they should be able to access finances in MLS. And about two send/receives in MLS later, they should be able to authorize a financial deposit.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”