did the new move in report go away?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sasgrw

did the new move in report go away?

Post by sasgrw »

When a new record is sent to a ward, MLS used to print both a new move in record and the membership record of the individual. The new move in record was handy to have in sacrament meeting to read in. It would list all the members of the family that just moved in. It seems like that report has gone away with one of the MLS updates but I looked in the release notes for 3.8.4 and 3.8.5 and didn't see anything about it.

I just double checked again to see if we get it. A new member was moved in. I logged into MLS, clicked send/receive and I got a 'print preview' request. The only thing that was shown was the membership record, not the move in report.

I know I can go in LCR and see move in reports and print those but I'm asking about the one that used to be generated by MLS and whether it's documented that it went away.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: did the new move in report go away?

Post by lajackson »

sasgrw wrote:I know I can go in LCR and see move in reports and print those but I'm asking about the one that used to be generated by MLS and whether it's documented that it went away.
Everything is moving from MLS to LCR, and although I cannot specifically speak to this case, once something is in LCR, it may or may not still be in MLS, probably not. Not everything is documented in the release notes.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Another forum member noticed this as well and contacted LUS. They responded that this is an intentional change. See this post.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

thanks for tracking down the related topic, eblood66

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”