IROP Review and Approval

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
drepouille

Re: IROP Review and Approval

Post by drepouille »

In our recent audit, the auditor selected several IROPs and one LDSFS invoice for review. I had printed every IROP, and had the bishop sign some of them, but not all of them, since his signature on the financial statement is sufficient.

Some LDSFS counselors bill our ward directly, while others send us a bill. The direct bill invoices do not provide the bishop any way to review or approve the expense. That confused the auditor, but he gave the item a "pass" on the audit. If I were the auditor, I probably would not have selected an LDSFS invoice for audit.

I just searched for all invoices for last year. In addition to the LDSFS invoices for counseling, we had invoices for mission payments. Neither of those types of invoices gives the bishop a chance to approve them, or anything for an auditor to review. I wonder why LUFAS allows auditors to select them for review?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

The IROP is an odd duck, indeed (in my opinion). Some of them are very cryptic, making it difficult to know what the charge is for.

For example: "Service Call" when the reason was a library copier repair that no one knew about before it happened (certainly not the agent bishop).
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

IROPs have PDFs that you can download and print, while "INV" invoices do not have any supporting documentation for an auditor to review.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

drepouille wrote:IROPs have PDFs that you can download and print, while "INV" invoices do not have any supporting documentation for an auditor to review.
And I used to print the IROPs and have the bishop sign them for approval. After a few stake auditors and the stake clerk were clueless as to what they were and what should be done with them, I gave up a few years ago.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”