Unit change from Branch to Ward

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
chris_hazeldine

Re: Unit change from Branch to Ward

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Removed the branch mission callings at the start of this process but had re-added them. Have removed them again and requested a unit refresh. This has now been processed and a restart of MLS but we still have the branch menu.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

chris_hazeldine wrote:we still have the branch menu.
It sounds as if you are going to need help from the MLS developers for this one. I would either contact the area support office or send an MLS message outlining the problem.
chris_hazeldine

Called GSC right at the start of all this and was told that 2nd level MLS support looked into it and said we needed to wait for all the updates to come down. Have called back a couple of times and nothing additional so posted here.
kodriscoll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by kodriscoll »

On Wednesday, July 10th, we discovered a defect with MLS 3.6.0 in which data from CDOL wasn't being added to the database properly. A fix was made and new patches (3.6.0_21616) staged Wednesday afternoon (MDT) that will resolve this issue.

The next S/R you do should bring down the new version. After it is installed, exit and restart MLS, request a refresh from CDOL (File->Request Unit Refresh Data...) and S/R to send the request. CDOL will eventually process the request and send a refresh file to you. Once you have consumed this file you will need to logout and back in again. The "Ward Missionaries" sub org will now show with the missionaries moved to it.

However, the "Branch Missionaries" sub org will also continue to show for now. This is an anomaly we will eventually fix and cleanup, but it shouldn't hurt anything in the meantime.
chris_hazeldine

THANK YOU!!!!!

Finally I am able to update Ward Mission. Will live with the multiple menus until that is resolved.

One last related query - since the change from Branch to Ward I noticed the Callings By Organisation report does not list Bishopric at the top. Previously the Branch Presidency were the first to be listed. I can't see any way of altering this in MLS so wonder if this is something that happens in CDOL??

Again much appreciated, what a saga :-)
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

chris_hazeldine wrote:One last related query - since the change from Branch to Ward I noticed the Callings By Organisation report does not list Bishopric at the top. Previously the Branch Presidency were the first to be listed. I can't see any way of altering this in MLS so wonder if this is something that happens in CDOL??
It is right in CDOL and Clerk Resources, so it appears to me to be an MLS problem. It might be as simple as getting the position/organization type files downloaded to MLS now that it is registered as a ward. LUS should be able to schedule those to come down.
chris_hazeldine

Thx
chris_hazeldine

Is there a way to remove the reference to the old "Branch Mission" menu?
Attachments
BranchMission.png
BranchMission.png (39.83 KiB) Viewed 927 times
kodriscoll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by kodriscoll »

It has been logged with development. Business will prioritize it for a furture release.
chris_hazeldine

Thanks, I had not noticed your prior comment at the end of your post saying the menu would remain so apologies for seeming impatient.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”