MLS User Removal

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: MLS User Removal

Post by lajackson »

gregbishop wrote:We weren't able to remove any male user accounts - . . .
the only ones that were able to actually be removed were for female . . .

We assume that having them be made inactive is sufficient . . .
If this is bug, I'm happy to work through the fixing of it.
It is not a bug. The female logins remove because they never have financial privileges. The male user accounts probably all worked with finances at some point.

You have taken the correct step by making these logins inactive. They will go away when the financial retention period ends. In the U.S. that means three years after the current year.
gregbishop

Post by gregbishop »

Thanks for the quick reply and for the clear explanation!

Would the 3 year time period reset if you reactivated an inactive user and then tried to delete them again (and weren't able to so they became inactive again)? I'm curious because we have a few users that seem to be more than a few years old. I'm wondering if they could have been reset. I suppose they could have been left active until just a couple of years ago when I became a clerk.

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gregbishop wrote:Would the 3 year time period reset if you reactivated an inactive user and then tried to delete them again (and weren't able to so they became inactive again)?
The trigger is when a user is involved in a transaction. That starts the clock over again. The activation or deactivation of a user is irrelevant -- it only matters whether they are involved in a transaction. A financial transaction takes longer to expire than a membership transaction.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”