Sync problems with MLS 3.5.1

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
geek

Sync problems with MLS 3.5.1

Post by geek »

We've got a problem where:

- Some callings (Primary 1st Counselor, Primary 2nd Counselor, and a Nursery leader) were showing as duplicated on lds.org. So we did a refresh. Didn't impact anything. We deleted the presidency and the nursery leader, and now we're down to one instance on lds.org, but now I can't remove those.

- We've got two beehive secretaries, even though I've deleted the duplicate.

- We're missing a Beehicve 2nd Counselor, even though I've added a new one.

- We've got the wrong Mia Maid 1st Counselor, even though I've now changed it.

- We have deleted callings, and mostly they stay deleted (except when we had duplicates, like above), although I have an extra Cubmaster that I've deleted in MLS several times.

At this point, any suggestions? I can call into CHQ and get support to help me with the specific instances if that's the easiest thing to do.

MLS 3.5.1, and we've already consulted these pages for guidance on deleting/readding/fixing the records...

We've manually deleted entire presidencies, and sync'ed, and have done a refresh. Nothing doing.

Thanks...
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Sync problems with MLS 3.5.1

Post by jdlessley »

jdlessley wrote:
geek wrote:So we did a refresh. Didn't impact anything.
By "refresh" do you mean a "unit data refresh" was done in following the procedures in Correcting duplicate or missing callings?

A unit data refresh involves a send/receive to send the refresh request from the local MLS to Church administration and then a second send/receive to download the refreshed data to the local MLS. There needs to be adequate time allowed between the two send/receives for the the refresh request to be processed. Typically this wait time should be around 15 to 20 minutes. But it may take longer. We advise waiting at least a few hours if after the second send/receive the positions, as displayed in CDOL, do not appear in local MLS before doing another send/receive. Waiting longer than 20 minutes will ensure the refresh request is available for download.
geek wrote:We deleted the presidency and the nursery leader, and now we're down to one instance on lds.org, but now I can't remove those.
Once the positions in CDOL are updated in local MLS from a unit data refresh, the extra positions can be deleted. Then the final send/receive will send the updated positions to CDOL. These changes should be visible within a few minutes in CDOL and in the Directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
geek

Post by geek »

Yes, we did a unit data refresh. I send the request last week with my own S/R. Another subsequent S/R would have been done later during tithing counting and I did another S/R today (several, in fact). This did not resolve the problem (still had 2 1st and 2nd counselors in primary and many other callings that had long since deleted were restored).

So I did another cleanup. I deleted the entire presidency today and did a S/R. Those positions are gone, completely gone in MLS. I still have half a presidency on lds.org now (and a zombie nursery leader also).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My suggestion for the time being is to Request Unit Refresh, Delete positions, Send/Receive, Check results in CDOL, repeat.

It sounds like the deletions are having some effect, so maybe now the remaining positions will sync into MLS for deletion.

Just don't add anything until it's cleaned up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geek

Post by geek »

For the primary positions, that's exactly the process we've gone through. Now I have no primary presidency positions in MLS but have 2 in CDOL. Do you want me to re-add the presidency and S/R?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

geek wrote:For the primary positions, that's exactly the process we've gone through. Now I have no primary presidency positions in MLS but have 2 in CDOL. Do you want me to re-add the presidency and S/R?
No, don't add. Additional Unit Refreshes doesn't bring down the two remaining primary positions into MLS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”