Export financial information?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Export financial information?

Post by aebrown »

peon wrote:I'm thinking the convenience of arranging and distributing the information will out way the time it will take me to do double data entry. It would also allow me to automate the distribution of budget details for those in my ward who want them and keep me from having to print/fold/stuff.

Again, it would be nice (not required) if we could export financial information.
I doubt you'll see any ability to export financial information. That decision was made at high levels by leaders who were very concerned about the confidentiality of financial information.

Given the spirit of that decision, I think it emphasizes the responsibility we have to safeguard that information. I would be very wary about your proposal to make some financial information available a website not owned and operated by the Church. I certainly would never embark on such a project without specific authorization from both my bishop and stake president.
peon

Post by peon »

I would agree, on both accounts.
seanmthompson

Post by seanmthompson »

I download the PDFs of the YTD expense details, then use an Adobe add-on to convert the PDF into an excel spreadsheet file (.xlsx). The conversion is not always perfect; I usually have to clean it up a little bit. But it's serviceable for those wanting to track or analyze their budget in excel.
rasecsud

Post by rasecsud »

has any of this changed since the finance options on lds.org? i would like to export financial information to a spreadsheet.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rasecsud wrote:i would like to export financial information to a spreadsheet.
There has been no change and there probably will not be any change, due to the sensitivity of financial information.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”