Printing out of MLS produces only blank pages

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
donnywoellauer

Printing out of MLS produces only blank pages

Post by donnywoellauer »

We got a new printer in our branch and now we cann't print anything in MLS.
Printing from MLS to a PDF-Printer (CutePDF) works and printing from other applications on the computer works also. If we print a page in MLS the printer starts printing but only a blank sheet comes out.

Printer Dell 2350dn (connected by USB) to a Dell Optiplex 580 with Windows 7.
MLS-Version 3.4.3

Does anyone know what could cause these Problems?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Was this printer supplied by FM group? This is the first I've heard of the church going with Dell printers. Last I knew, they were going with Lexmark.

I believe that MLS prints as a graphic. I'm not sure if it's compatible with all printers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dsgunn130908

Post by dsgunn130908 »

donny, we are having the same problem in our branch did you osrt it if so how? anyone help please
donnywoellauer

Post by donnywoellauer »

We got the printer over our local Area Office (Germany).

At the moment we use following workaround:
print pages in MLS as .pdf-File with cutePDF and then print the PDF.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can only suggest you go to Local Unit Support. If that area office is handing out printers that are not compatible with MLS, that needs to be taken care of quickly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
donnywoellauer

Solution

Post by donnywoellauer »

I found a solution for the Problem.

The driver installed automatically (Dell 2350dn Laser Printer PS3) is not compatible with MLS.

I added manually over printer and devices (i did it in a german windows so the name of the menus might not be correct translated) and choose add printer. Ther i added a local printer with USB and when the List of Vendors comes up i click on "use disc" I entered the path D:\Drivers\Print\Win_2kXP from the dell drivers CD and chose "Dell 2350dn Laser Printer" (without PS3).

And now if I print on this new installed printer I get out of MLS the correct printout and no blank page anymore.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Good work. Thanks for letting us know the solution.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”