Quarterly report differences between MLS and lds.org?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
cazier

Quarterly report differences between MLS and lds.org?

Post by cazier »

I was happy to see that we can now complete the quarterly reports online through lds.org. However, I noticed some differences in the numbers between what displays there and what we have on MLS.

For example, we have one more in lds.org than mls for:
- total members
- total families
- total melchizedek priesthood holders

There are also larger differences between the primary numbers.

I am able to view the actual members included in the various numbers in MLS, but can't do the same in lds.org.

Is there a way to get these in sync? Otherwise, which should be considered the most accurate?

Thanks!
hpaulsen

Post by hpaulsen »

My ward has similar differences, but not the same. The total members, families, and Melchizedek priesthood holders are the same, but lds.org has 1 fewer women, 5 fewer YSA, 1 fewer YW, 6 more primary, and 8 fewer infants. I suspect that incorrect edge-case handling accounts for the majority of the differences (less-than vs less-than-or-equal-to). I second the request for lists of individuals within the categories - I have found these quite useful.
hpaulsen

Post by hpaulsen »

I meant to mention also, that I suspect that the difference in your case between total members, total families, and total MP holders would be due to a new member moving in. I would suspect that a sync of MLS would rectify those particular differences. For some reason I had expected lds.org to wait until an MLS send/receive before posting new move-ins, but it doesn't, so it's more up-to-date than MLS. You can check the new-move-in report on lds.org to verify whether a new move-in is indeed causing your particular discrepancies (except for primary).

I also wanted to clarify on the edge-cases, that I further suspect the high discrepancies in primary are due, in part, to lds.org using end-of-year ages for three-year-olds and MLS using first-of-year ages for the same. Not sure, though...
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

I noticed a similar discrepancy in our numbers. Our ward had a difference of 1 in the Single Adults and Children ages 3-11 between lds.org and MLS. The difference remained even though I did a send/receive. However, once I submitted the report from MLS, the numbers on lds.org were updated to match the MLS numbers.

I also noticed that if you begin entering quarterly report info on lds.org, save the data, and then go the MLS, the report info doesn't appear, even after a send/receive. I re-entered everything in MLS and submitted it. It was immediately updated on lds.org. Not sure if it works the other way (start in MLS, finish on lds.org). I'm guessing you must complete the full quarterly report data entry on either lds.org or MLS. You can't split it.
rdennyhud

Post by rdennyhud »

I also observed the discrepancies noted by others. Since the Quarterly Report is based on numbers on the last day of the quarter, I am going to use MLS exclusively for the Quarterly Report until lds.org is properly synced up.
R Dennis Hudson :cool:
bonzokaye

Post by bonzokaye »

can someone paste the link please so i can do my report online
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bonzokaye wrote:can someone paste the link please so i can do my report online

Go to LDS.org and sign in. Under the Tools drop down menu, select Clerk Resources. The Quarterly Report link is in the left column.
bonzokaye

Post by bonzokaye »

Can you post the link please?
bonzokaye

Post by bonzokaye »

Thank you very much brother jackson for the path as well, here is the link should anyone require it in the future you will need to sign in.

https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/report/quar ... l?lang=eng
bonzokaye

Post by bonzokaye »

thank you very much brother

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”